Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

2 homicide victims in N. BC

sooke45

Reaction score
Been thinking along that line couple days now. I dont think they would have destroyed their only form of transportation without immediate backup. They might be dumb BUT not that dumb. One person replied they might be floating down river, canoe?? Makes some sense for escape.
I am going to add here that once the RAV was located and burnt in Giiam I was dismayed and disappointed that they were able to travel 4 provinces undetected. I will say this and ask was proper deployment made in establishing not a lot but very few checkpoints? Given the fact they were confirmend in Meadow Lake Sask. As i know and everyone else upper Mgt controls the purse springs.

olympia

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Been thinking along that line couple days now. I dont think they would have destroyed their only form of transportation without immediate backup. They might be dumb BUT not that dumb. One person replied they might be floating down river, canoe?? Makes some sense for escape.
Never even thought of using a river but that makes alot of sense. Hopefully they don't have someone hostage in a farmhouse somewhere

CF8889

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately they have found two people murdered in Northern BC. I'm gonna use this as a gauge now, if the killer is found right away then maybe the aboriginals have some weight when it accuses the police of ignoring the murder of indigenous women.
Interesting thing to note...

Police very quickly had suspects, tons of money and resources, Can Forces, news articles everywhere, and the entire country looking....

Last edited:

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
Not saying that it's the case in this sad situation, but drugs and alcohol abuse has turned many a normal
person into a demon and someone that's lost their inhibitions so end up doing extreme things without
thinking or caring about the consequences.
could not agree more.:Oh Yeah!:

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
It has been suggested that they are on a suicide mission - just waiting for the police to confront them and kill them.... until then - they have gone crazy.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
I don't believe they're still in the area of the burned car. They burned their truck, likely after acquiring
that car from the fellow they killed, which makes sense....burning their car without a way out doesn't
make a lot of sense. I could be wrong, but when considering the amount of time and the thorough
searching that's gone on without any leads, coupled with the unlikeliness they equipped themselves
adequately to spend a long time in a hostile back country they don't know at all, it's likely they hitched,
grabbed a vehicle with the owner as hostage, or paid for a ride in my opinion.

olympia

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
I don't believe they're still in the area of the burned car. They burned their truck, likely after acquiring
that car from the fellow they killed, which makes sense....burning their car without a way out doesn't
make a lot of sense. I could be wrong, but when considering the amount of time and the thorough
searching that's gone on without any leads, coupled with the unlikeliness they equipped themselves
adequately to spend a long time in a hostile back country they don't know at all, it's likely they hitched,
grabbed a vehicle with the owner as hostage, or paid for a ride in my opinion.
My other theory is they could of acquired a blowup raft and floated away, I think there are rivers in the area. The bugs are probably out in force out there.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
My other theory is they could of acquired a blowup raft and floated away, I think there are rivers in the area. The bugs are probably out in force out there.
As someone pointed out, there's a lot of canoes lying about in the back country and a lot of lakes and streams
to ply, including a major river that leads into Hudson's Bay. Pretty sure the locals and RCMP have explored that
possibility as well as using the train tracks.

Goose

Reaction score
watch them circle back and end up in BC again......undetected
Maybe they'll vacation in NB or PEI for a bit

Vic

Reaction score

Looks like the two may have been spotted at York Landing landfill this afternoon. Think I heard its approximately 100 kms sw of Gilliam. Police are there and hopefully there will be a resolution tomorrow.

Top Bottom