Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

2019 SK Mulie

Hookset

Reaction score
Well my season came to an early end today. I switched jobs and moved at the start of summer so I haven’t been home much to do any scouting so I didn’t know what monsters were lurking nearby. I missed opener cause I was elk hunting up north and yesterday morning was to foggy to see further than 50 yards. So today was really my first day of hunting mulies. My weekends are booked up for the rest of the season and I have to go to school again this October so I wasn’t sure how much I was going to hunt. So this morning I decided first mature buck I see I will try and kill. Low and behold after getting Out super early today haha (lunch time exactly) I got lucky and saw this guy stand up way off in the distance I knew he was mature so I was off after him.

During the stalk the wind was strong so that helped a ton but there wasn’t much cover or hills and deer were everywhere. It turned out to be the hardest stalk I’ve ever had to do and surprisingly nothing went wrong. I had to back out 5 times to get a different direction on them cause deer were moving everywhere and I had little cover to move past them. Eventually at 430 I was pinned down with deer feeding everywhere and my only hope was for him to feed toward me. Sure enough him and a few others closed the distance to 54 yards from me but started to go the other direction. I knew this was my chance so as he turned broadside I let my arrow fly. When that happened he turned ever so slightly causing my arrow to hit forward but it dropped him dead in his tracks breaking thru both his shoulders! And my arrow is still in great shape! My broadheads abit banged up but it did it’s jobs and then some. All in all for all the changes that happened and lack of time I had I’m very happy with this mature buck

C1200F19-2A9A-44B7-9910-DD1E843D4BE4.jpeg

B2896047-6D39-40D5-A31A-A11A610B83BA.png

28F9881E-2EF0-4ABA-805A-314539506A74.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
HOOKSET,
JIM and I are off on a scouting trip tomorrow morning...rain but so what !!
going to see how bad our ''old growth'' forest has been cut down.....local natives have being trying to put a stop to it.....
used to be lots of bear and grouse.....we'll see tomorrow....glenn
some of the crew coming up for a bear hunt....there is steelhead fishing too.....I'm sticking to grouse/ camp (food-coffee).
great buck you got !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! glenn

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Great mature fellow you got, congratulations on having the patience to pull it off.
Getting lucky sure helped a lot as well. Sometimes things do go our way.

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
I'd be thrilled to bits with a buck like that one! :Yikes!:
But then, 99% of my hunting was confined to the Island...:hopelessness:

Congratulations on the stalk - patience (and stubbornness) are your friends when stalking in the open like that. :Hi:

What equipment do you use? Bow? Crossbow? Arrow make? Broadhead make? I've been a bow hunter for about 20 years or more and I can only dream of a buck like that one. I did manage (one season) to tag out with my bow - three bucks that season.... was a very happy camper I can tell you.

Hookset

Reaction score
I'd be thrilled to bits with a buck like that one! :Yikes!:
But then, 99% of my hunting was confined to the Island...:hopelessness:

Congratulations on the stalk - patience (and stubbornness) are your friends when stalking in the open like that. :Hi:

What equipment do you use? Bow? Crossbow? Arrow make? Broadhead make? I've been a bow hunter for about 20 years or more and I can only dream of a buck like that one. I did manage (one season) to tag out with my bow - three bucks that season.... was a very happy camper I can tell you.
Bear motive 6 I switched arrows and broadheads before season I got to try out black eagle arrows and they were great. Topped off with 125 grain ramcat broadheads. In Sk a guy can only use a bow on the OTC tag crossbows are not permitted

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Now that's a nice bow.... :Oh Yeah!:

Bear-Archery-Motive-63-300x300.jpg

Mine is older than that.... it's a 2006 Diamond Liberty (2nd line of Bowtech bows) and it has certainly stood the test of time. I use Gold Tip shafts (build my own) and either Slick Trick or Muzzy broadheads - 100 grains.
Diamond Bare.jpg

Top Bottom