Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

91 in Cedar

philcott

Mucho Gusto
I sure felt lazy, due to the heat, yesterday. After 8 hours here at work I made some pen improvements for the hogs to get them a better supply of water I just went home and melted on the deck. Twas almost too much movement to go get another beer and the cat just looked at me with disdain when I told it to go get me one.

Bow Walker

ADMIN/OWNER - JUMPING IN TO HELP.
I feel your pain Phil.... darned pets don't know when it is payback time. We feed them, take care of them, take them to the vet when necessary and pay the resulting bills to boot.

But ask them to do a simple, small favor for you? Pffft! :Owned:

philcott

Mucho Gusto
On the up side, I guess, my ankle that I injured when I flopped my '78 Bonneville, is aching a bit. That usually means rain is a coming in a day or three. That might bring cooler weather and hopefully moisten up the forests a bit.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Ho Ho Ho!:Heh, heh, heh: What's with the 'F'? You mean to tell me that all you younger ones
still haven't kept up to the times, haven't accepted change, don't or won't learn the
metric system? This old dog has! I'll bet you still deal in mph, inches, feet. and yards
as well....okay, I still do that sometimes, but usually when talking to other fossils.
You know by switching to metric, saying 15 cms sounds better than 6 inchessmall wink, and
when spinning your fishing yarn, catching a 50 cm fish seems more impressive than
a 20 inch one.

Last edited:

Bow Walker

ADMIN/OWNER - JUMPING IN TO HELP.
Not me Dave.... I can deal with temperatures in metric and distances in metric but as far as measurements go I am still a feet n inches kinda guy. I just can't wrap my brain pan around something like 1.3 meters...I mean What The Heck Is That Supposed To Mean Anyway!?! :Really Mad:

What's the matter with just saying 4 and a quarter feet (give or take a silly centimeter or so)..... :Maybe:

Thread starter #12

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Ho Ho Ho!:Heh, heh, heh: What's with the 'F'? You mean to tell me that all you younger ones
still haven't kept up to the times, haven't accepted change, don't or won't learn the
metric system? This old dog has! I'll bet you still deal in mph, inches, feet. and yards
as well....okay, I still do that sometimes, but usually when talking to other fossils.
You know by switching to metric, saying 15 cms sounds better than 6 inchessmall wink, and
when spinning your fishing yarn, catching a 50 cm fish seems more impressive than
a 20 inch one.
Simple my PU truck thermometer is in F so that's what I get my temps in. The thermometer on the house is also in F. F or C its frickin HOT

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Just teasing! I have an electronic thermometer that displays celcius on a unit in my kitchen
that has it's sensor outside on the shady side of the house. but I my furnace setting unit
displays Fahrenheit readings inside. Right now the outside temperature is 33.3C and inside
the house is 70F because of air conditioning.

I sure felt lazy, due to the heat, yesterday. After 8 hours here at work I made some pen improvements for the hogs to get them a better supply of water I just went home and melted on the deck. Twas almost too much movement to go get another beer and the cat just looked at me with disdain when I told it to go get me one.
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::Good Post:

Big Lew

This IS My Life
I have a brother 2 years younger than me that has compromised lungs (COPD),
diabetes, and is overweight. He lives in a apartment without air conditioning so
I worry about him during such hot spells as the one we're going through. Twice
yesterday an ambulance took people to the hospital that were suffering from the
heat. He's stubborn and too proud to willing accept much help but this morning both
my wife and I insisted he come stay the day at our place which he did. We all enjoyed
a very pleasant day until mid-afternoon when he asked to go home because he was just
too uncomfortable in our 70f home. During our conversations he said he feels most
comfortable when it's 75-78f. He also said that it gets 85f in his apartment so he puts
a bowl of ice in front of his fan and he's good to go. I guess I need not worry too much
about him because he does all his shopping very early and stays inside out of the smog
the rest of the day.
This brings me to thinking about many of us that are a bit (or more) overweight and out of
shape that are about to venture out hunting this early season. Weather patterns have
progressively changed the last few years so that September is now like the middle of summer.
Do those of you in that category take extra precautions against heat stroke, increased heart attack
risk, or dehydration when hunting in the heat?

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Where I live it is hard to get more than a mile from a road. There are some places that seem like you are dragging up a mountain to get a deer out. I have a 17 year old to help drag and a truck to drive in most places. Many that are locked I have keys.
Steve

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Went out and did some yard work, moved my RV trailer out of the back yard and onto
the driveway and removed the truck canopy while it drizzled lightly on and off. I moved
the trailer so I could access my King apple tree. The skies were threatening but I tossed
a coin an decided to go ahead and cut it down. The wife came out to help pick up branches
and scores of apples, loading everything into the truck. Still the rain held off. Took the full
load up to the recycling yard west of Steelhead and got it all unloaded without getting wet.
Just as we were heading home down came a heavy rain....not often, but sometimes I do get
lucky, lol! Waiting for a break in a light shower before putting the canopy back on.

Walter

Long-Time Member
Saturday in Eureka , Montana the truck was sitting in boat trailer parking lot for five hours and the temp thing said 44 C when we got back.
Couldn't touch any metal without letting a yelp out , hot ++
Even cruising down the hwy it still stayed at 42 C. That can get your beer light flashin

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom