Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

A good day in the bush

Jimmy the Prawn

The Prawn is On
Reaction score
Well decided to just head out from home for the day today. Through in the fly rod, .22, and 7-08. Drove a few roads and fished a few spots along the river. Saw a few Willow grouse but no shots fired, they were all pretty spooky. Also saw a couple does, but no buck luck. The highlight was hooking into about a ten pound steelhead on the fly. I’m going to go out on a limb and say I “landed” it, because I did have it in my hands, but unfortunately it jumped out of my grip before I could get it on the beach. Really wanted a pic of it beside my fly rod and fly! Anyways got the battle out of him, probably 10 minutes or more, and enjoyed a nice day on the backroads. 35000711-C753-4B9F-A1E4-9919903BE3C1.jpeg
JtP

Jimmy the Prawn

The Prawn is On
Reaction score
Lol. Ya definitely guessing, but I have caught the odd one...
My previous biggest from this creek was 32” and this one was in the same category. Was a beautiful fish too, lots of colour. Needed a partner, or a net lol.
JtP

Top Bottom