Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

A great 2017 Island Blacktail.

Thread starter #1

358win

Long-Time Member
It seems some great Island Blacktail are re-surfacing as of late like the good old days.
Here is one taxidermy done by Artistic Wildlife Creations Inc (Craig Stolle) from Campbell River 2017 buck that Grossed just under 140.

36769256_10156331823872696_7238765566037590016_n.jpg

36707489_10156331823877696_7691441104557703168_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thread starter #4

358win

Long-Time Member
Pictures don't do this justice. They look in person, ready to snort at you.
One day I'll get one done, fingers crossed :kewl:

Thread starter #7

358win

Long-Time Member
In the 80's it was possible. Lots of 130 " Blacktails were taken before the big scoring fad.
They are starting to make a comeback according to the records book.
Maybe the farmed deer are getting big enough and the thick second growth that hides there kin with there genes are making some great bucks.

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
... They are starting to make a comeback according to the records book.
Maybe the farmed deer are getting big enough and the thick second growth that hides there kin with there genes are making some great bucks.
One can (and very much does) HOPE!! :Oh Yeah!:

Been chasing these bloody Timber Ghosts for over 20 years now, with the thought of eventually collecting a true Big Boy.
Come close a couple times...
But I have to tell ya, these are The Toughest Critter to collect a real Trophy sized individual I have ever run across!

When I set my sights on nailing a big Mulie, Whitetail, Caribou, Sheep, Musk Ox, Bear, Wolf etc etc I usually did so within a matter of a few short years. And indeed have taken book heads of all of the above.
Thought when we came here the Blacktails would follow suit in short order...
Anything BUT!! :HUH?:

When you see one like the picture above, you realize that they are not a figment of your fevered imagination.
And it helps re-create the DRIVE to get out there and find one for yourself.
Hell of a FINE Non-Typ (rare-ish) and a great buck in anyone's books!

I hope someday to be so lucky... small wink

Cheers,
Nog - Contemplating Year 22 of The Search...

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Another great looking Buck, and a fine hunting partner to boot! :Oh Yeah!:
Congrats on both Buddy!

My best to date is reasonably close, but I will never rest until I get that magic 130" mark! :kewl:

The other thing I failed to mention - part of the main reason hunting these little buggers is so damn addicting is the very fact that digging out a "great" one doesn't happen each & every fall!! small wink

Cheers,
Nog

lOOKS more like a mullie that walked down from the interior and swam over here......:ROFL:
Craig STOLLE does excellent work.......he did a 1/2 grizzly mount for a friend and had a black bear I got that he turned into a rug..... we had a chance to see several animals he was working on ....truly an artist..
I would highly recommend the gentleman...:Oh Yeah!:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom