Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

A Prayer if You Please

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Last night Boogs' (aka Amaruq) back end gave out.
I laid with him on the floor for a couple of hours, until he could somehow find the fortitude to stand and get to the bedroom.
This morning he had more difficulties, and it took me a couple hours to entice him downstairs.
The vet sent over some meds, which I wish I had not given him. He is very much a Stay Real Buddy, and is fighting the meds as hard as he can.
He can no longer get up.
Made an appointment for the last thing I ever want to do on Thursday. :grumpy:
Hoping against hope that he somehow can come back.
Extremely unlikely.
My heart is breaking.
Best damn Companion I have ever had...

So say a prayer for both of us today. Seems we need it.
Gotta go, can't see through the eye water...

Matt

Round Boy

Can't keep a beat.
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear your troubles Matt. Stay together for him. Tell him he is a good boy. Sending you all the hopes and prayers I can. Hang in there Matt. -R.B.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Very sorry about your grieve Matt. A good companion dog is about as great as it gets, even better
than a human companion. It's very unjust that big dogs don't normally live very long. It's a heart
wrenching feeling when they're in pain and looking to us for help but we can't help them. Very sad.

Decker9

Mountains are my medicine
Reaction score
Breaks my heart to read this, very sorry for you and your partner Nog. Sending positive thoughts your way.

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
No words can help my brother.......
a manly bear hug and pats on your back........

sometimes its hard to be a human, especially when you love your'' buddy'' more than most people.
I am hoping for the best outcome for you 3. glenn.

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Meds helped a little. He could get up and made it up the stairs last night.
Did that twice on his own today. Shakier than hell, but doing.
He is in no pain, just worried about the situation he is in.

Monitoring... Hoping... Praying...

Thanks for the kind words folks. They help some.

Matt

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Aw crap! :upset:

I absolutely hate when things like this happen - as much as I am aware and know that life has three stages, it hurts like the dickens to read your post Matt. My heart goes out to 'Boogs" to your and to your fine lady in this time of trial.

As has been advised up above - hug him, let him know you love him (although I think he already knows) and just be with him to share his pain and misery. Definitely in my prayers and wishes - all of you.

Top Bottom