Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

A PRETTY DARN FINE SITE......

Thread starter #1
Well 2018 was a bumpy road here......for a while it looked like things were,well,pretty bad.......some jumped ship,others just quit posting.......others went off on rants that I can only say EMBRASSED THEMSELVES.......It looked more like a politically charged ''liberal university'' site than an outdoor site....
things then calmed down....JIM and DAN basically unlocked the ''ban-hammer'' and said play nice or go to ***** and ***,we don't need any more drama ......
the GOOD GUYS started posting again AND we got some AWSOME PHOTOS and fall hunting stories ........that continue today........I'm proud to belong to this site and have made some new friends here......THANK YOU all.

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Any site lives and dies by its membership. Mods can help keep the "undesirables" in check but no one can make members "good" members" it's them that make a site good. Yes we have lost some but others have stepped up and some others have come aboard. I like to think we have a great mix of ideas and perspectives. Some deemed trouble makers elsewhere have proved to be rock solid here, thank you for that. Our style of moderating has been called into question by some former members but it seems to work here. A huge thanks to all who make this place what it is.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
One thing I've learned as I've made my way to being a 'senior' is mutual respect brings
out the good qualities in most people. As a liaison between our workers, the company,
and their customers, I had to deal with all manner of people. Some were deemed to be
short tempered, unreasonable, even hostile, but when digging into the situation that had
me there, usually there was a reason for their attitudes. By listening to their concerns, and
treating them with respect, I was most often able to work out a solution or compromise that
worked for everyone. Some forums nurture this philosophy better than others, so as was
pointed out, some deemed to be troublemakers elsewhere aren't so if treated fairly and with
respect. That's my take on it anyway.

Last edited:

Bow Walker

ADMIN/OWNER - JUMPING IN TO HELP.
I think what makes this a really good place to hang your hat is the diversity of our membership. We have great members from all over the country - AND some really good members from south of the 49th...... All these different members and locations add a different perspective to our community,

I too, have made some good friends on here. I've also lost a couple..... I have come to respect people (members) that I haven't even met. I'm a very private person who does not call everyone "friend" - while I do give people the benefit of the doubt I don't give respect or trust lightly, yet I have done both with people that I have only a 'keyboard' relationship.

GREAT PLACE THIS IS. :Oh Yeah!: :Here's To Ya:

fingershooter

If we all respected other peoples' views and opinions this whole world would be a better place. People's opinions are formed by past experiences and we all have different ones so how can we possibly have the same views. What I see the thinning of the skin where individuals take offense to differing opinions. What we all can do in inform and educate those that may not know as much on certain subjects. JMHO, lol.

gunseller

Long-Time Member
This has been a wonderful year. I was invited to join and have met online many new friends here. Someday I would like to met everyone in person. I love the hunting and travel stories and pictures as they are from a much different country than where I live.
Steve

Very good site for sure....i know i have my moments, but there are some real nice people here.
I know i should visit a little more, if only to navigate around the site and find more things i am interested to.

gcreek

Beware of fat cooks and solictors for beer money!
Any site lives and dies by its membership. Mods can help keep the "undesirables" in check but no one can make members "good" members" it's them that make a site good. Yes we have lost some but others have stepped up and some others have come aboard. I like to think we have a great mix of ideas and perspectives. Some deemed trouble makers elsewhere have proved to be rock solid here, thank you for that. Our style of moderating has been called into question by some former members but it seems to work here. A huge thanks to all who make this place what it is.
36903135_2095184230524062_4336600166346784768_n.jpg

Big Lew

This IS My Life
It's been said many times that this forum is unique among the hunting forums and I saw first hand
why today. This day was a particularly busy and hectic one for me with having to constantly tend to
my wife while doing a myriad of domestic chores as four relatives were visiting and preparing a belated
Christmas dinner in a small kitchen that they didn't know where things were kept. Right in the midst
of this mayhem, noise, and confusion came a knock on the back door which immediately had my big
dog barking and scrambling to see who it was. Kitchen chairs were sent flying while my son in law tried
to gain control of him as my daughter opened the door. Not knowing who the stranger was, she was a bit
curt when asking what he wanted. Turned out that the young man was a fellow member of this every forum.
Someone that I had not met but recognized his 'handle.' This fellow had gone to great lengths to find out
where I lived in order to give me a warm and heartfelt letter within a card which was in the big bag of specialty
foods and treats that he had obviously put a lot of thought in assembling. It was his way of showing his concern
and compassion for what I'm going through right now. Unfortunately I was tied up tending my wife so didn't
get a chance to see him, to shake his hand, to thank him so much for such a thoughtful and very appreciated gift.
That fellow was none other than our "Smokercraft" to which I want to publicly and sincerely thank. I feel a bit
overwhelmed by so many members offering their support, sympathy, and understanding. Thank you seems so
little but I don't know what else to say so I'll say it again, thank you all.

Bow Walker

Good on you Smokercraft for doing the investigation necessary to accomplish that wonderful deed. :Hi:

Very obviously you have gone that extra mile, reached out and touched someone that will remember you always. I bet the company that was there will be talking about this deed for a long, long time to come too. :Oh Yeah!:

WELL DONE SMOKERCRAFT.

Smokercraft

It's been said many times that this forum is unique among the hunting forums and I saw first hand
why today. This day was a particularly busy and hectic one for me with having to constantly tend to
my wife while doing a myriad of domestic chores as four relatives were visiting and preparing a belated
Christmas dinner in a small kitchen that they didn't know where things were kept. Right in the midst
of this mayhem, noise, and confusion came a knock on the back door which immediately had my big
dog barking and scrambling to see who it was. Kitchen chairs were sent flying while my son in law tried
to gain control of him as my daughter opened the door. Not knowing who the stranger was, she was a bit
curt when asking what he wanted. Turned out that the young man was a fellow member of this every forum.
Someone that I had not met but recognized his 'handle.' This fellow had gone to great lengths to find out
where I lived in order to give me a warm and heartfelt letter within a card which was in the big bag of specialty
foods and treats that he had obviously put a lot of thought in assembling. It was his way of showing his concern
and compassion for what I'm going through right now. Unfortunately I was tied up tending my wife so didn't
get a chance to see him, to shake his hand, to thank him so much for such a thoughtful and very appreciated gift.
That fellow was none other than our "Smokercraft" to which I want to publicly and sincerely thank. I feel a bit
overwhelmed by so many members offering their support, sympathy, and understanding. Thank you seems so
little but I don't know what else to say so I'll say it again, thank you all.
Thanks for the kind words Dave. I hope you enjoy it

lyktohunt

Well I am one of the guys that almost quit posting but just to be clear it has nothing to do with anything negative about this site, its got more to do with not having much productive to say and the fact that for some reason I cant get logged in from my home any more just from my work computer. ( I could probably figure it out at home,just don't like computers much. Is likely something to do with my security at my home PC )

Thread starter #38
:ROFL: I really enjoy our site.........so many members with SO MUCH knowledge is all fields ''outdoor''.
figure ANY question asked can be answered here......
I enjoy black powder firearms ,A site I have been on for about 12 years just chewed me out because of my penchant for using upper/lower case bold etc. all in the same post........GEEEEEEEZZZ :mad::harumph: To me,its just a style on getting a post across....... don't need my ''printing'' style criticized on a black powder forum by an internet P.C. nerd.:Yee Ha::Yee Ha::Yee Ha::Yee Ha:
HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO ALL GLENN/NAHMINT/ WASATCH CHARLIE.

gunseller

Long-Time Member
:ROFL: I really enjoy our site.........so many members with SO MUCH knowledge is all fields ''outdoor''.
figure ANY question asked can be answered here......
I enjoy black powder firearms ,A site I have been on for about 12 years just chewed me out because of my penchant for using upper/lower case bold etc. all in the same post........GEEEEEEEZZZ :mad::harumph: To me,its just a style on getting a post across....... don't need my ''printing'' style criticized on a black powder forum by an internet P.C. nerd.:Yee Ha::Yee Ha::Yee Ha::Yee Ha:
HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO ALL GLENN/NAHMINT/ WASATCH CHARLIE.
Just tell them sense it is a blackpowder forum you are just writing like they did 200 years ago. Period correct s pell as you like and write as you see fit.
Steve

Big Lew

This IS My Life
People used to write with goose quills and liquid ink.
Their writing was bold, often eloquent, and done in a great flourishing style.
Would these same criticizers complain were you to adopt said style?
Far too many now a days are much too critical of anyone not fitting into their
personal lifestyle or ideals. "I'm offended" is their battle cry.

Bow Walker

Dave - if any of "them" were forced to adopt that style (cursive) of writing they would be illiterate.

They could not do it. They'd have to hire someone to do it for them... :ROFL::Owned:

gunseller

Long-Time Member
People used to write with goose quills and liquid ink.
Their writing was bold, often eloquent, and done in a great flourishing style.
Would these same criticizers complain were you to adopt said style?
Far too many now a days are much too critical of anyone not fitting into their
personal lifestyle or ideals. "I'm offended" is their battle cry.
I had a young lady in a business class I was teaching that wrote that way. It was so beautiful to see but so hard for me to read.
Steve

Many of the "old timers" wrote very well, even though they may have only gone to the 5th , 6th grade. probably because the old schools taught the "3 R's" and dident have to worry about "sensitivity training" or "why Timmy has 2 dads" , and they could reinforce the "3R's " with pain.
John

olympia

Long-Time Member
What ever happened to Dick and Jane??
Jane watched too many music videos and thought being promiscuous was the "way"...dick bought a jacked up f350 but soon realized the only way to keep the bailiff at bay was to sell coke but then got his own nose in the stuff. Sorry to be a buzzkill but that's where I think k society failed itself...we started pushing the whole "keeping up with the Jones" a little too much. We went from motivated and ambitious to greedy and gluttonous.

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
What ever happened to Dick and Jane??
They got lost along with sounding words, cursive writing, and SPELLING.....kids just don't seem to have even a rudimentary understanding of prose. For example, how often do you read: "please delete if not aloud" "are truck went in the ditch" And don't even start on interpretation of the English language, just ask questions about the hunting regulations and many cannot figure it out.

Top Bottom