Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

A wolf among the sheep...

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
I am going to visit my daughter in Pender Harbour over this long weekend. She has bought a small property
close to the marina she has a cottage and her boat anchored. I've been there several times and the first thing
I noticed aside from the beautiful scenery is the number of friendly deer inhabiting the area. Many of the residents
know her, and that I am a bow hunter, so I'm watched like a hawk during hunting season, lol! Have to say, pretty hard
to miss one at 10-15 yards.:devilish: Somewhat like a waterfowl hunter visiting Stanley Park and having all those ducks
and geese flying low overhead.

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Ducks at Dinesy Wourld in Florda are like that. Two years ago when we were there I cought one in flight. Wife made me turn it loose. She said if I keep that up we will get kicked out. I told he r so we are leaving in an hour anyway. This was after I ask a guy that had run into my foot three times with the cart he was pushing, what the duck, or something like that, he was doing could not he tell he was hitting my foot. He when to the other side of the bridge we were on to cross.
Steve

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
The temptation is sometimes really, really hard to resist.

The biggest temptation that I have ever had to face (and to beat) was a buck in my neighbor's backyard. It was calmly browsing its way around his garden like it was a buffet. He was totally ignoring me although he was very aware that I was on the other side of the chain link fence - less than 10 yards away.

It would have been sooo easy to put a shaft right thru his vitals. I would have had more than enough time to select an individual hair to split with my broadhead. Probably it was my lucky day and I didn't even know it - anyway, I resisted the temptation and the buck sauntered off - eventually - none the wiser....

Top Bottom