Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

All habitat, no moose.

ianwuzhere

Long-Time Member
Crappy to see.
I was talking to a wildlife biologist who was studying what moose eat and sending poo samples to the USA for further analysis and he said the majority of their winter time food shown in their poop was sub alpine fir- aka balsam- they eat the needles and ends of the trees of them..

Thread starter #10

gcreek

Beware of fat cooks and solictors for beer money!
Crappy to see.
I was talking to a wildlife biologist who was studying what moose eat and sending poo samples to the USA for further analysis and he said the majority of their winter time food shown in their poop was sub alpine fir- aka balsam- they eat the needles and ends of the trees of them..
These are eating Arctic Birch, Willow and hay out of my stack yard. Nearest balsam would be 40 km from where they are. Bios sure get funny ideas at times.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
I've always wondered if moose would think they had hit the jackpot big time
were they to wander into the massive blueberry fields all over the Fraser Valley.
All those succulent tops neatly in long rows at the perfect height for browsing....

Thread starter #12

gcreek

Beware of fat cooks and solictors for beer money!
I've always wondered if moose would think they had hit the jackpot big time
were they to wander into the massive blueberry fields all over the Fraser Valley.
All those succulent tops neatly in long rows at the perfect height for browsing....
Dave, they have found that in the prairie grain and alfalfa fields.

Go where there are few if any predators and you will find game.

Top Bottom