Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

ANOTHER AWESOME RAFFLE.....

• Admin

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
RAFFLE TIME !! We have not had a raffle for quite a while here, so I think it is past time to get one going. This raffle will start RIGHT NOW - and continue until there are 200 tickets sold.

Notice the "EARLY BIRD DRAW?"
The draw will take place as soon as the 100th ticket gets bought.
ALL ticket number holders will go back into the barrel and are eligible for the other two main prizes.

FIRST PRIZE;

Karl Gustav 30-06 rifle
Timney r/h safety
Refinished metal and wood
Bedded action with an extra recoil lug installed
3 lb trigger pull
Bushnell 3-9x40 scope.

This is a guaranteed "shooter" that has been tested by our own Foxton Gundogs. The grouping attained for this rifle has been certified by him - and we all know he is a sharpshooter.

SECOND PRIZE;

A pair of Tubb’s Ultralight Yukon Snowshoes, complete with ice heavy duty ice cleats.
The value of this prize is north of $225.00 CDN. They are "ultralight" in name only. These snowshoes are strong, durable, and very easy to use. Whomever wins this prize will be hoping for a goodly dump of snow this winter!

EARLY BIRD DRAW PRIZE;

Bear Grylls Fixed Blade Survival Knife w/ Sheath. A very good quality knife (very sharp too) that will come in handy for dozens of uses on your hunts, hikes, and outdoor adventures. The only thing missing is the fire starter gizmo.

TICKETS ARE $5.00 EACH.
E.M.T. YOUR FUNDS FOR TICKETS TO bow08walker12@gmail.com

IF YOU PREFER TO SEND A PAPER CHEQUE - PM ME FOR MY MAILING ADDRESS.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Last edited:
  • Admin

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Pat - you are the first! Thank you for your support and Good Luck - as always. :Here's To Ya:

PM inbound sir.............

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Mailed a letter to you at noon today....waiting the week or so with baited breath
to see if arrives in a timely manner.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
First of all, I'm stubborn and old fashioned...
and second, I don't, nor do I want to know how to do it...
and third, I don't trust any online banking either by computer or iPhone.
I won't even pay a restaurant bill with plastic if a tip is involved in case it
doesn't go to the person it was intended....so there :Tongue: :Tongue: :Tongue:

Bow Walker

Reaction score
I need for a James Bishop to identify himself please...........you EMT'd me some funds for tickets, but I have no username to associate with 'James Bishop' or (which is highly likely for me) I have forgotten who you are. :can't find it:

PM me if you like - tell me how much you sent so I know it's you. :Oh Yeah!:

Last edited:

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
My current 30-06 is for a righty...even has a cheek stock, yet I do very well with it even though I am a lefty.

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Islandvp - You are officially in the draw(s).... both the Earlybird draw and the final draw. :Oh Yeah!:

Good luck to you. :Here's To Ya:

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Good job it’s got a scope
My eyes are getting bad
At age 73 my eyes are actually becoming far better....thanks to a corrective artificial lens
in my shooting eye. On June 28th I get the other eye done so should have excellent sight
without the need for glasses. I opted for the upgraded ones which should allow me to see
well and more clearly at all ranges. I shouldn't have to use reading glasses up close either.

Bow Walker

Reaction score
49 tickets sold so far folks.....

I updated the total number of tickets sold - the number is now just 200..

Also the number has dropped for the Early Bird Draw - it is now at 100.

Still plenty of time for anyone and everyone to get in on the draw dates/times. :Oh Yeah!:

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Dave - I got the letter in the mail today. Many. many thanks for your continuing support here - both in posting threads and in supporting the raffle(s). :Here's Wishing:

PM inbound with your numbers. :Here's Wishing:

Bow Walker

Reaction score
How many years have we been doing raffles ?? :not sure:

In all that time, and with all the people who opt to use "snail-mail" that there has never been a time when we were left out in the cold regarding cheques. It's just a small part of the trust that we have with one another around here.

I never hesitate to send numbers to people who are using the postal service to send in their funds. I've always been fully confident that when members say "the cheque is in the mail" that it IS, in fact in the mail.

Never been stiffed, and don;t expect to be either. :Oh Yeah!: :COOL:

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
I was involved with Ken in another of his projects, Pretty sure he would be happy with his choice of a successor and also be proud of where his site has been taken. Sure we have had problems but most of those have been dealt with and now what a great membership we have and it is getting better all the time. Hats off to Str8shooter and Bow Walker

Image result for hats off cowboy images

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
I was involved with Ken in another of his projects, Pretty sure he would be happy with his choice of a successor and also be proud of where his site has been taken. Sure we have had problems but most of those have been dealt with and now what a great membership we have and it is getting better all the time. Hats off to Str8shooter and Bow Walker

Image result for hats off cowboy images
I'll gladly toot your horn for you...hats off to 'Foxton Gundogs,' aka Jim as well!

Bow Walker

Reaction score
I like to think that Ken visits from time to time and that he is satisfied with how things have evolved and turned out.

Thoughts like that are what help me 'stay the course' and keep to his ideals. We are not a big website by any means - nor are we the smallest - BUT, what we definitely are is a quality site, with quality members. Members who respect and trust one another.

I would not hesitate to do a deal with anyone on here - just on a say-so or a handshake.

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Started with the number 300 and so the minimum number has to be 299 to include the number 300.

The maximum number has to be 401 so that it includes the 100th ticket number bought, which is number 400.

The winning number for the Early-bird Draw is......... number 354

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Mailed a letter to you at noon today....waiting the week or so with baited breath
to see if arrives in a timely manner.
Dave - I apologize profusely....:hopelessness:

I got your letter a couple of days ago but I haven't been able to get to the bank with it yet......:Doh!:
I've been chasing that darn thing all over the neighborhood - it's bouncing around like a lacrosse ball in a cement room......:trouble_maker:

:ROFL::ROFL::Owned::J/K:

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Dave - I apologize profusely....:hopelessness:

I got your letter a couple of days ago but I haven't been able to get to the bank with it yet......:Doh!:
I've been chasing that darn thing all over the neighborhood - it's bouncing around like a lacrosse ball in a cement room......:trouble_maker:

:ROFL::ROFL::Owned::J/K:
Hmmm, just who is the forgetful one here, lol!
I got your answer a few days ago along with my 10 numbers thank you.
I haven't forgotten that I sent you some funds, I just sent you some more
to double my odds....and to further support this forum.
As for that darn check bouncing around like a lacrosse ball...I challenge that remark.
How can a check that I took hours to chisel into a heavy flat stone bounce more than one or two times?

Top Bottom