Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Another CHEK Poll

Thread starter #1

IronNoggin

Stone Cold

Trinity

Done deal..............still chuckling about the fellow who made the news tonight for tossing a bear banger in a crowd of sea beasts........talk about emptying the class room fast!! Listened to a few snow flake types object ......they will really be impressed if a cull gets off the ground!!

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Boy that's one way to stack the poll. I voted but CC can't. Keeps getting a message "vote from this computer has already been registered" UHHH no she is using her own phone, must be homing in on the IP. If that's the case, one vote from say Timmys and no one else can vote from there, what a crock.

wideopenthrottle

Long-Time Member
Boy that's one way to stack the poll. I voted but CC can't. Keeps getting a message "vote from this computer has already been registered" UHHH no she is using her own phone, must be homing in on the IP. If that's the case, one vote from say Timmys and no one else can vote from there, what a crock.
I voted once from home and once from work to make up for CC...heck there are at least 10 more computers around work, ill give a different one a try later

wideopenthrottle

Long-Time Member
Done deal..............still chuckling about the fellow who made the news tonight for tossing a bear banger in a crowd of sea beasts........talk about emptying the class room fast!! Listened to a few snow flake types object ......they will really be impressed if a cull gets off the ground!!
no no...the article I read said "explosive device" not something like a bear banger that has been used forever to scare them away

Interesting results compared to the last poll that I saw. 71% - 29% in favour of the cull. In spite of results like that at the recent Area 17 SFAC meeting it was noted that there would never be a cull in BC which I believe will probably be true. Too many bleeding hearts. Our only hope is that the First Nations flex their already powerful muscles.
FYI. Re the comment about bear banger/seal bombs, I got a notice from the DFO yesterday. FN0191-COMMERCIAL - Use of acoustic deterrence devices such as Seal Bombs. https://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=219430&ID=all
I'm wondering if there's been a perceived increase in the use of these devices recently.

Thread starter #7

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Interesting results compared to the last poll that I saw. 71% - 29% in favour of the cull. In spite of results like that at the recent Area 17 SFAC meeting it was noted that there would never be a cull in BC which I believe will probably be true.
If you can recall, please pm me the name & position of whomever stated that please & thanks.

I got a notice from the DFO yesterday. FN0191-COMMERCIAL - Use of acoustic deterrence devices such as Seal Bombs.
I'm wondering if there's been a perceived increase in the use of these devices recently.
It was a seal bomb.
The notice from DFO I believe to be a direct response to that video.

Nog

Finaddict

Long-Time Member
The lions have arrived. Not great pics but here they are (a dozen or so) following the herring and on their way to the log booms in Nanaimo estuary.

20190308_114744 (1).jpg 20190308_114807 (2).jpg 20190308_114806 (1).jpg ,

Top Bottom