Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Another stolen trail cam!!

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Nice footage of the thieves!
As those of you that use them know, putting out several trail cams is a costly business
even if they're not stolen or damaged....too expensive for me. Aside from the actual
cost of buying them, the cost of travel to check them out usually is high as well. Few
are lucky enough to be able to hang them out close to their home. I would likely be one
of those that had them stolen and damaged.

Thread starter #3

fingershooter

I used to hang one in each location but I had too many malfunctions and so we hang two or even three. When you have to drive 3 hours and hike an hour you want to have something to look at in a couple of months. It's amazing the different photos we get. Had 2 different griz on one and none on the other which was 50 meters away and that one had all of the elk. also caught a human thief by having three cameras. He had taken 2 of them.

sealevel

Long-Time Member
i left a camera for a month its an old flash moltrie that has be real good...but when i picked it up said their was 650 pics and the batteries were dead i got excited...not one picture . sd card was no good .

Big Lew

This IS My Life
i left a camera for a month its an old flash moltrie that has be real good...but when i picked it up said their was 650 pics and the batteries were dead i got excited...not one picture . sd card was no good .
I know the feeling! On my bicycling trip down the Alaskan Hwy I bought a new camera at the last minute
because my former one packed it in. I thought I had loaded the film in it properly, but not being used to
it, didn't realize the film wasn't advancing after each shot. When I got home and went to send in the film
I then noticed I had no pictures. At least, other than saving huge film costs, the modern digital cameras
allow for checking each and every shot as they are taken.

Thread starter #7

fingershooter

I had two or three that did that to me this year and a couple that just plain died. Allchecked out back in July but of the 7 I started the year with, only 2 are still working. Remember that you MUST use the proper or compatible SD card or the batteries will drain in minutes.

gunseller

That is some cool pictures. To bad for the loss of camera. Or did you find it? You can get a steel cable and lock the cam to the tree it is mounted on. That way even if the cable is chewed through they can not run away with the camera.
Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom