Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Anti vibe doodads and stabilizers.

Thread starter #1

Algorithm

Long-Time Member
How many of you have your bows decked out with anti vibration gizmos on the string, risers, and limbs of your bows? Do you use a stabilizer? Does it really make a difference?

In hunting situations it does make a difference. You want your bow to shoot as quietly as possible.

I've been beside a friend on the 3D trail while he shot his hunting bow - I was absolutely blown away by the lack of noise it did not make. Really, really quiet. He had the speed buttons near the cams, the string dampener in the top 1/3 of the string, the string suppressor or string-stop mounted on his bow, and a dampener out the front. All the usual stuff.

The vibration dampener that screws in just under the riser and sticks out the front is mainly a balancing weight, but it also dampens unwanted vibration at the shot.

In this pic you can clearly see the string suppressor that I made, plus the shock absorber that sticks out front. If you look close at the string under the suppressor you can see the speed buttons... these act like a bit of a weight on the end of a rope - making it twirl or go faster. The speed buttons can add as much as 5 fps to your arrows - while the peep and string vibration dampeners rob you of speed |(weight on the wrong part of the string)...

a 003.jpg

Last edited:
Thread starter #3

Algorithm

Long-Time Member
I have tried a stabilizer and the string dampeners with the original set of strings. The new set of strings just has the speed deallys near the cams and one below the D loop and the string suppressor that came with the bow. I haven't noticed any more shock or noise than before. Just wondering what others have experienced.:Here's To Ya:

image.jpg

Last edited:

BCROB

LESS DOO-DADS THE BETTER..........

competitive shooting a little different , long stabs , short , side bar , weights , bling here and there all to get things balanced enabling you to hold dead still consistently is the goal for those 3 spot shots and 900 Fita target rounds, for this shooting very important.......my hunting setup is very very basic , simple as possible

both very fun to shoot and will hone your skills like no other

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom