Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Bear Rug Taxidermist Required

Thread starter #1

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Prefer on The Rock if at all possible.
Would like to find the magical combination of one that is good, and reasonably priced.

Here's Hoping!! :Here's To Ya:
Nog

Head Lice

Long-Time Member
Find out what style the taxidermist uses when he 'blocks' your hide. The Europeans tend to have the front legs forward with the paws up close to head level. Some prefer to have the front legs straight out from the body center line . . . 90 degree. Is he heavily haired on the lower sides ? If so, going a bit wider with less taper toward the back legs looks good. Talk to the taxidermist ! Also, you may consider going with a near black on the inner felt, and a nice contrast color on the outer felt. Again, the Europeans like a forest green, and it does look good. The muted colors show off an exceptional sized hide better than the wild colors you will see in his book of felts. Get him to sew in lots of split rings on the back for wall hanging. Denim is a durable backing if the hide will be on a floor. Nice bruin !

Thread starter #6

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Indeed Excellent Advise all round. Many Thanks Fellas! Right Appreciated! :Oh Yeah!:
There have been several on other sites that have recommended the same fellow as here.
He will be getting a call, as soon as I have a moment to catch my breath.

Funny, better than 1/2 through the rifle season, and I am finally switching over to my bow! :highly_amused:
Hunting hard every day now.
Seeing lots, but again, even more fussy with both the moose & the bear in hand...

Cheers,
Nog

campbell river, fellow did a black(bear) for me and a 3/4 GRIZZLY mount for a buddy.....think he has an add in last years hunting regs. ....i'm away,up island so don't have info here.....
think its ARTISTRY IN WILDLIFE...... was at his shop, cougar,polar bear and elk in progress..... he's good.
glenn

Last edited:
Top Bottom