Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

bone marrow

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./ Goose & Prawn Pig ..... Cedar BC
Granny used to roast the bones, scoop it out mix it with Miracle Whip, minced onions, peppers or relish and spices then spread it on bread for us. Haven't thought about it for years. Pretty good iirc

Bow Walker

SHOOTING FOR THE KILL.
My arteries are clogging just thinking about the fat and cholesterol in bone marrow - BUT, it is a delicacy that you pay big bucks for in high-end restaurants.

When raw, the marrow looks almost like part of the bone. It's off-white and hard with a slightly spongy texture. Once it's cooked, it becomes soft and rich, melts easily and tastes almost like butter, with a sweet, nutty flavor and a lighter, more delicate texture.
Total Fat Content. One tablespoon of beef bone marrowcontains about 13.5 grams of total fat. If you're considering adding it to your diet, keep in mind that you should limit your total daily fat intake to between 20 and 35 percent of your calories, or about 44 to 77 grams of fat on a 2,000-calorie diet.
this-bone-marrow-waffle-will-take-your-brunch-to-the-next-level.png

Big Lew

This IS My Life
My arteries are clogging just thinking about the fat and cholesterol in bone marrow - BUT, it is a delicacy that you pay big bucks for in high-end restaurants.

View attachment 17213
Back in the day, people were ignorant to the harm of too much cholesterol and cigarette smoke.
My grandfather both smoked unfiltered cigarettes and enjoyed bone marrow. He died at age 65
from a stroke attributed to clogged arteries.

fingershooter

If you haven't done so it is a good idea to get it done. Is there a history of heart disease on your family?
Ha, ha, thanks but I was kidding. I get thoroughly checked once a year and apparently am in great health for the health I'm in. Organs good, joints not so much. Just saw the doc today in fact. Besides, I drink enough red wine to take care of any cholesterol. No heart disease in the family but the liver.....well, that's another story. lol.

Top Bottom