Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

boycotts

wideopenthrottle

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
does anyone here boycott (refuse to buy from) any businesses and what is your reason

I boycott Walmart for their pricing tactics with suppliers and the super high Chinese content.

I boycott Wendys for screwing up my drive through orders way too many times.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
I won't patronize Freshco. Safeway closed down our local store, and after a nasty battle
with their union, re-opened as Freshco with new lower paid workers. But what really was
the 'straw that broke the camel's back' for me was their not re-hiring the several mentally
disadvantaged people Safeway employed. Those people were so proud to have a real job,
so happy to be a contributing member of the community.

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
That sucks... We have a café in Cedar. The KoKo Café. it was started by a couple of women with Handicapped "Kids"(everyone under 50 is a kid to me lol). They hire handicapped "kids" and train them. They have won a couple of "business of the year" for their efforts. Great for the community, great for the "kids"

Biggyun68

Rainman
Reaction score
That sucks... We have a café in Cedar. The KoKo Café. it was started by a couple of women with Handicapped "Kids"(everyone under 50 is a kid to me lol). They hire handicapped "kids" and train them. They have won a couple of "business of the year" for their efforts. Great for the community, great for the "kids"
Nice to see I am finally now not a kid at 51

Buck fever

Reaction score
I boycott Canadian Tire, for implying anyone with a backpack on is a thief . No such insults from their competition. That is illegal, according to lawyers interviewed on CBC radio. Unreasonable search and seizure.

Buck fever

Reaction score
A friend was asked to leave her purse when shopping at super store. When she finished shopping , there it was ,by the door, where anyone could have picked it up, and walked out with it. Super store dropped the policy.
Do you trust the "hired off the street" staff at Canadian tire, not to steal what they can from bags you leave with them
I don't .
I have heard of them stealing stuff out of bags left with them. No surprise.

Buck fever

Reaction score
I won't patronize Freshco. Safeway closed down our local store, and after a nasty battle
with their union, re-opened as Freshco with new lower paid workers. But what really was
the 'straw that broke the camel's back' for me was their not re-hiring the several mentally
disadvantaged people Safeway employed. Those people were so proud to have a real job,
so happy to be a contributing member of the community.
I was recently at a meeting with the BC labour minsiter. Boy , they are making some great changes. A guy driving a bus for a logging company, said they change contractors from time to time, and his wages and senority go back to the starting point. Harry, the labour minster said "We just banned that. Now they can change contrators any time they please, and your senority and wages remain the same."
Now, if a manager is serving tables , he is entitled to only his share of tips. If he doesn't serve tables, and touches the tips, he gets charged with theft.
Temporary immigrant workers now have rights. If an employer violates those rights, he is looking at jail time.
High time!

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
A sure cure for the No Back Pack rule is to fill your backpack with a bunch of useless misc. crap when they want you to leave it at Customer Service agree but say you want them to go over each and every piece record them and sign for the content. Tell them when you are done you want someone to go over the contents and you will sign off on them. Surprising how quick they change their mind.

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
I admit ,I look a little sketchy at times,.240 lbs., bald head, beard, black wraparound glasses and a miserable sneer (it bothers people lol).
I was in CDN Tire this summer,looking for a new nav.light for my boat.... I noticed when I came in ,a security guard ,about 6 ' /135 lbs...:Doh!:
as I past them,the employee he was talking to, seemed to be on my trail.... went to look at trailer tires, there he was, ''clip board'' in hand...
next,went to the fishing section, there he was again, I then scooted to the plumbing section, speeded to NEXT isle...and came up behind him...
SECURITY OFFICER I said,he just about s, I mean,had a bird...I advised him to be a little more discrete.......went to WAL-MART and bought my boat light there.....A,,HO..S.
how one looks has nothing to do with character !!!!!

Chainsaw33

Reaction score
Petro-Can never ever will I buy fuel from them . Thanks to Pierre Elliott Trudeau and his National Energy Program .

Top Bottom