Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

BRITISH COLUMBIA'S PREDATOR ISSUE....THE PERFECT STORM

Big Lew

This IS My Life
So what is the collaring supposed to accomplice...even more studies?
The whole situation has been studied to death, literally in that all this
stalling is resulting in more and more unchecked decimation of the already
suffering herbivore population in that area, never mind the cattle losses as well.
They'll have the choppers in the air, they'll spot and attempt to net some wolves,
why not shoot them instead?

Thread starter #53

Turnagain

The story is that a move might be made to recover the declining caribou and moose in that area.
Wolves & bears are both being looked at.
The iconic grizzly bear has been identified as a declining factor as well.
Let’s hope the program goes silent....does not turn into a wolf collaring study and the predation issue gets dealt with.
There are other predator reductions taking place backed by government that are under the radar.
The best way to get something done is do it...not crow & blow about what you’re gonna do.

Thread starter #55

Turnagain

I only hope they do not do a Gov't sponsored cull on G-bears and return the hunt to us instead, but nothing would surprise me.
Jim, I agree with you 100% that the hunt needs reinstated.
There hasn’t been a grizzly hunt for years in the part of 5-12 that has caribou concerns....believe me, the grizzly numbers there are not lacking.
With the present government in power my bet is that a cull will take place before the hunt reopens ...JMO.

gcreek

Beware of fat cooks and solictors for beer money!
The story is that a move might be made to recover the declining caribou and moose in that area.
Wolves & bears are both being looked at.
The iconic grizzly bear has been identified as a declining factor as well.
Let’s hope the program goes silent....does not turn into a wolf collaring study and the predation issue gets dealt with.
There are other predator reductions taking place backed by government that are under the radar.
The best way to get something done is do it...not crow & blow about what you’re gonna do.
After what I heard yesterday, I have hope.

gcreek

Beware of fat cooks and solictors for beer money!
A big one stepped in the right place. Two left in the Pack From Hell. We have been working on this pack of 6 since November.

Someone trained them very well, the boss would keep them away from traps until they would freeze down in this warm and cold weather we've had. After the traps froze down he would roll on them. The trapper got him a week ago. 51652000_313881879271690_1793963004375597056_n.jpg

KH4

I only hope they do not do a Gov't sponsored cull on G-bears and return the hunt to us instead, but nothing would surprise me.
That's exactly what they do in California with mountain lions. No hunting, but COs kill over 150 a year for depredation issues. Go figure. But I guess leaf lickers sleep really well at night knowing that hunters are not killing animals, just the government....which is funded by them.... hrmmm...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom