Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Broad-heads and Tuning

Thread starter #1
Did some research on which broad-head would likely shoot like a field point, and these guys came up pretty often, Slick Trick Broad-heads! Their hole shtick is that they will fly like your field points! So yesterday I bought some to see, hit the range today and tried them! was wanting to get some video of the actually tuning adjustments, but by the time I got to the range a big thunder storm was rolling in, so I just got to shooting them. also, as close as I was standing to the camera the audio didn't come out to good! Thanks for watching and enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4yBbvlwt2o

Perry

Great video Perry. I've used Slick Tricks for a long, long time now and I have to agree with you that they are a very good broadhead.

One thing that might make the tuning process a wee bit easier is an "arrow spinner/tester." This one is from Pine ridge and only costs $23.99 from Bowhunter,s Super Store.

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/pine-ridge-arrow-inspector-p-905.html

Attach your broadhead and give it a spin. If it wobbles at all - adjust the broadhead/shaft seating and spin again. Once the arrow spins true your broadheads should fly right beside your field tips - just like you accomplished in your video. :encouragement:

I did this and have tested my broadheads out to 50 yards with great results.

Thread starter #4
Thanks BW!....Will look it up for sure!

Good video...glad you took the time to tune. Not that difficult. Many just go out and buy mechanicals.
Thanks Rbc! (lol....Rbc! not the bank!!) I was very happy with these broadheads! I went from field points straight to broadheads!! The only tuning was what was in my video! I had a quick window to shoot them at 30yrds before the rain hit, three shot group at 30 was pretty much like the 20! I have a month to get these right! if im not comfortable by hunting season then I just wont shoot! (with the bow that is!) I always take my rifles out pre season to make sure I know where i'm shooting! I'll be be even more sure with the bow! Again thanks guys!!

Perry

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom