Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Cannot log in from home anymore

Thread starter #1

lyktohunt

So further to a campfire chat where I mentioned that I cannot log in from my home PC anymore,I will quote what my PC says
" Your connection is not secure, the owner of bigshotbc.ca has configured their website improperly" this from Firefox

Riverbc

Long-Time Member
So further to a campfire chat where I mentioned that I cannot log in from my home PC anymore,I will quote what my PC says
" Your connection is not secure, the owner of bigshotbc.ca has configured their website improperly" this from Firefox
I hated Firefox with a passion. Switched to Google Chrome years ago and never had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./ Goose & Prawn Pig ..... Cedar BC
Sounds like your security levels are out of whack, There will be a server change in the next couple of weeks hopefully that will take care of the few issues we still have. Have you tried taking your puter to a different service provider (internet café etc) to see if that makes a difference? I also hated FireFox when I tried it. I use IE and GC with no problem.

Bow Walker

SHOOTING FOR THE KILL.
Well, since I am the owner I can say that the site is configured properly.

I just downloaded Firefox and opened it to tnof.ca I got on with no problem(s) at all.

It is almost a certainty that the problem lies with your browser's settings and not with the site. Check your internet security settings.

If you are still having problems please let me know.

Dan.

Thread starter #5

lyktohunt

No problem Dan, not once did I actually think there was a problem with your site, I was just reporting what appeared on my screen in relation to a thread I was following in campfire chat about people dropping off or posting less.

Round Boy

Can't keep a beat.
I am waiting on the server change. No big deal but for some reason I can’t get in on my cell when not using wifi. Works at home on my cell just not on the road. All the other sites do.

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
I had problems logging on before the last change, couldn't get on from my home wifi no matter what I tried, I honestly just gave up and only visited the site when on my phone. With me it kept saying the connection had been reset. Good luck on getting a fix. CS

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
I can only get on to this site if I’m at home on my home wifi. No where else works for me
That shouldn't happen, but it seems to be something with this site?? When I had the problem, my home wifi wouldn't hook up, but I could log on easy with my phone. I think if one of the site owners hit this snag then maybe they could find the cure....;-)

Bow Walker

SHOOTING FOR THE KILL.
I know it is usual to blame the site, blame the software, blame the hosting service, or anything else..... but - in my limited experience - most problems stem from internet browser settings or the settings in one's own computer.

The fact that so few (huge minority) are having problems (rather than the majority) points to problems originating form home and not the site, or the host, or the software.

Having said the above, it is definitely possible that because we are forced to stay with one host (until we can legally leave) and have our site redirected to our ultimate home host site before you get to view the pages and content can certainly be where the issue(s) lie.

We will find out for sure when the time is up and I can move from our current hosting site to the one that I should have selected right from the get-go. After all the dust settles it is my fervent hope/wish that our technical troubles will be behind us.

Top Bottom