Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Carrying a bow on a quad

Thread starter #1
F

fishingguy44

Is there a secret? Ive been out twice this spring and had to replace my string twice from friction frays. Both times my bow was strapped to my badlands pack, first on the rack on the quad and second on my back. I was thinking of maybe strapping my hardcase down to the rack but that would make for a slow set up if I saw something driving by.

Can the padded u-shaped type grips for rifles be adapted for a bow. Maybe by mounting them close together so that they grip the riser, and them secure the bow tight to the grips? Just thinking out loud here....:not sure:

Thread starter #4
F

fishingguy44

Ya I was not sure about those "u" brackets made for guns. Ive ordered a "bowkaddy" seems like its exactly what I need. paid about 170 for it with the atv bracket and an extra mounting plate for my truck. little pricey but its almost what I have spent on strings and cables this spring. Check out the site if you get a chance and ill give a review when it gets here.

BCROB

I just use my hard case strapped down on the front.......nice and protected from rough trails and the elements , dirt ,mud ,snow easy access if required on route !!

Marlin375

Bulls then Bucks
Like Rob, I just bolted my hard case to the front rack when rifle season ended.

Prior to that I had it bungied on the front rack......after it slingshot itsself infront of my quad and I drove over it I quit doing that.

TheProvider

Long-Time Member
Hardcase if not soft case. Don't need dust from dry logging roads covering your bow. Getting in your cams or getting worked into you string

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom