Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Change on the BCeID for BC Residents

Thread starter #1

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
Im not sure if you are aware,

today I went online to purchase tags for Azshia and Peter’s hunting trip that is up and coming and she had a red flag on her BCeID that her BC Residence was expiring January 1 2019.... In the credential section.... I thought it had to do with her change if address but when I put in her new address that wasnt the case....

apparently just new to Front Counter BC as of end of November everyone has a residency expired date which mean you have to show proof of BC resident before the date.... you can do it online but it takes 3 working days to go thru and you must upliad your ID (drivers lisence) to them...

it is fairly easy but that’s going to be a lit of hunters with a lit of same day expiry dates

I will be doing Azshia’s ASAP.... I did mine already but I actually had an entire year before mine came due... you wont have to do it again for another 3 years.... at least it’s not another cost but if you forget you wont be hunting either F942B295-2E03-4162-8655-AE88AD64CC39.jpeg

gunseller

What happens if you expire? Do you just disappear from B.C. forever. I will miss you if you do. If all you need to prove residence is your drivers license wouldn't you think some brilliant person in government could set a link between departments that would forward your resandincy for your hunting license. Must be just having fun with everyone.
Steve

Thread starter #13

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
You would think but they cant figure out that if your disabled in your province your disabled federally too..... both governments make you fill out oodles of the same medical reports just to get your disability funding and tax credits

Last edited:

KH4

This is to stop folks folks from defrauding the system. What if someone from a different province moved to BC for long enough to get a BC hunting licence, and then moves back. Without re-confirmation, they could potentially hold a BC licence forever, and double dip in two provinces. This has to be done on the online system, as using a front counter center will check your ID every year.

I'm am positive this is the reason, to validate residency so you don't get out of province folks from getting residence licences.

I would think if someone was a-miss (really, if things expire at Jan 1, so hunting in Jan-March when licence expires if the only concern) a CO would probably be lenient, especially if the main purpose is to confirm your residency, which they can do in the field.

The renewal of the hunting licence each year would catch the majority of folks.

358win

Long-Time Member
Thanks Ali. Mine was set to expire early Jan. I'm good until 2021
I got an email AFTER the fact telling me I have been updated.
It would have been nice to get one BEFORE with a warning about it.

Top Bottom