Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Change on the BCeID for BC Residents

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
Reaction score
Im not sure if you are aware,

today I went online to purchase tags for Azshia and Peter’s hunting trip that is up and coming and she had a red flag on her BCeID that her BC Residence was expiring January 1 2019.... In the credential section.... I thought it had to do with her change if address but when I put in her new address that wasnt the case....

apparently just new to Front Counter BC as of end of November everyone has a residency expired date which mean you have to show proof of BC resident before the date.... you can do it online but it takes 3 working days to go thru and you must upliad your ID (drivers lisence) to them...

it is fairly easy but that’s going to be a lit of hunters with a lit of same day expiry dates

I will be doing Azshia’s ASAP.... I did mine already but I actually had an entire year before mine came due... you wont have to do it again for another 3 years.... at least it’s not another cost but if you forget you wont be hunting eitherF942B295-2E03-4162-8655-AE88AD64CC39.jpeg

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
Just checked mine......seems it will expire ...NOVEMBER.15.2019
THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INFO.......WONDER HOW MANY WILL NOT FIND OUT ABOUT THIS UNTIL ITS TOO LATE??:Really Mad::Really Mad::Really Mad:

olympia

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up!!! Alot of people are unaware about this expiry thing. Probably saved some people a headache for sure.

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
What happens if you expire? Do you just disappear from B.C. forever. I will miss you if you do. If all you need to prove residence is your drivers license wouldn't you think some brilliant person in government could set a link between departments that would forward your resandincy for your hunting license. Must be just having fun with everyone.
Steve

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
Reaction score
You would think but they cant figure out that if your disabled in your province your disabled federally too..... both governments make you fill out oodles of the same medical reports just to get your disability funding and tax credits

Last edited:

KH4

Reaction score
This is to stop folks folks from defrauding the system. What if someone from a different province moved to BC for long enough to get a BC hunting licence, and then moves back. Without re-confirmation, they could potentially hold a BC licence forever, and double dip in two provinces. This has to be done on the online system, as using a front counter center will check your ID every year.

I'm am positive this is the reason, to validate residency so you don't get out of province folks from getting residence licences.

I would think if someone was a-miss (really, if things expire at Jan 1, so hunting in Jan-March when licence expires if the only concern) a CO would probably be lenient, especially if the main purpose is to confirm your residency, which they can do in the field.

The renewal of the hunting licence each year would catch the majority of folks.

358win

THE WEATHERMAN
Reaction score
Thanks Ali. Mine was set to expire early Jan. I'm good until 2021
I got an email AFTER the fact telling me I have been updated.
It would have been nice to get one BEFORE with a warning about it.

jenn7210

300 MAGNUM
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up ! Mine will expire the same date as your's Ali , still time to get it done .

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
If yours is like ours each agency is afraid to share info with each other as they maybe giving info to an other agency thous giving up info the other did not have. That means less power as knowledge is power. And we get to pay for it all.
Steve

KH4

Reaction score
If yours is like ours each agency is afraid to share info with each other as they maybe giving info to an other agency thous giving up info the other did not have. That means less power as knowledge is power. And we get to pay for it all.
Steve
No, they're just incompetent!

vetteman

Reaction score
What happens if you expire? Do you just disappear from B.C. forever. I will miss you if you do. If all you need to prove residence is your drivers license wouldn't you think some brilliant person in government could set a link between departments that would forward your resandincy for your hunting license. Must be just having fun with everyone.
Steve
I talked to a girl at Front Counter a couple of days ago. Not a big deal if you let it expire. You just can't do anything until you renew.

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
This concept might not be that bad. Down here if you move and don't tell the government you can get resident hunting in several states and vote for the dip stick of you choice in several stayes.
Steve

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
This concept might not be that bad. Down here if you move and don't tell the government you can get resident hunting in several states and vote for the dip stick of you choice in several stayes.
Steve
There is a lot our 2 countries could strike a happy medium on instead of having extremes. one way or the other. It amazes me how on the US outdoor shows they talk about going from state to state to follow the seasons as if they were just crossing the street.

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Just seen a prediction that within the next 20 to 50 years we will be one country.
Steve

vetteman

Reaction score
mine was not due until Nov 15 2019 and I was able to renew no problem
That's interesting. Ours are due July 15th 2019 and the girl at Front Counter told me that I had to wait until January 15th before I could renew because of the 6 month restriction. It shows that nobody is really sure how things work in government. I'm waiting until the end of January which still gives me lots of lead time anyways.

wideopenthrottle

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
That's interesting. Ours are due July 15th 2019 and the girl at Front Counter told me that I had to wait until January 15th before I could renew because of the 6 month restriction. It shows that nobody is really sure how things work in government. I'm waiting until the end of January which still gives me lots of lead time anyways.
I did mine on line though

Head Lice

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
I may just try mine today then as well. Our drivers licences have already been scanned and are ready and waiting to go.
Took a photo of mine and used the upload feature on the govt. website . . . yesterday afternoon. Was accepted, expires Dec. 13th, 2021

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Did mine today. And yes it is easy, but what a CROCK! :disgust:
Just another layer of bureaucracy for us to deal with.
One that could have been easily handled on their end by simply meshing the Driver's License data with the FWID data.
Very little to doing just that.
But no, make it our responsibility, and then don't bother to tell anyone about it?? :Doh!:
If it hadn't been posted on the hunting sites, I would have been caught completely off guard as of New Year's Day!
Makes me wonder just how many people are blissfully unaware of this BS...

Nog

vetteman

Reaction score
Well, I did ours this morning and I just got an email confirming that it had been done. I was a bit surprised to see the new expiry date was three years from today, not three years from the original expiry date as I'd thought. No big deal.

vetteman

Reaction score
This is Just stupid, how easy would it be to tie it to your BCDL, or BCID the same as our Care Cards. :Doh!:
It seems that the Provincial Government branches are unable or unwilling to talk to each other. I recently gave up my Commercial Drivers licence because I have to get a medical once every three years which is standard procedure for a commercial licence. But then I need to get another medical once every three years because of a known health condition. The medicals do not come up in the same years though so it means two medicals in each three year period. Both for ICBC! I asked ICBC why they couldn't get by with just doing one as both medicals were required by them and the results are in my file on their computer. Well, no can do. I guess it presents a problem for one person make a phone call to another person across the hallway or to access my file on the computer. Now I have a class 5 with Air, my motorcycle licence ( which is the most important) and an endorsement ( 7 ) that allows me to pull a heavy non commercial trailer. It's ridiculous!

Finaddict

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Canadian States of America, or United states of Canada??
There was a movement about 30 years ago to sell Canada to the U.S. for 30 quadrillion dollars. That was set at 1 million dollars for each Canadian citizen. At that time I had no kids, so I wasn't prepared to sign up until I had at least 4 or 5 of the little buggers running around the house.....................:Heh, heh, heh:

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Even with the few advantages I would not want to become PART of the USA. if it was a coalition with the good points of both nations social and political systems(our medical system being foremost) that would be a different story.

Top Bottom