Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Christmas Baking !

Thread starter #1

jenn7210

300 MAGNUM
Started a few years ago, baking the Christmas goodies with my wife. We have a great time preparing and cooking together. This year we made shortbreads, cheese sticks, mince tarts and butter tarts. :Oh Yeah!:

Preparations
IMG_0657.jpg

Lets the fun begin
IMG_0659.jpg
IMG_0660.jpg

And after all is said and done !
IMG_0663.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone !
:Here's To Ya:

TheProvider

Long-Time Member
We used to make loads of different things growing up. When we spent last year in Ontario my sisters brought over about a dozen different goodies and about a couple dozen each of them. When my in laws came to stay with us they quite enjoyed all the treats in the freezer. They blamed us for gaining a few pounds.

F

Fear No Deer

That to me looks like you got a slap on the butt in the third pic no wonder you like making cookies, and you made enough indeed and tarts to boot :Oh Yeah!:

Thread starter #4

jenn7210

300 MAGNUM
We used to make loads of different things growing up. When we spent last year in Ontario my sisters brought over about a dozen different goodies and about a couple dozen each of them. When my in laws came to stay with us they quite enjoyed all the treats in the freezer. They blamed us for gaining a few pounds.
Don't blame the bakers ................ we only used 5 1/2 lbs of butter small wink

- - - Updated - - -

That to me looks like you got a slap on the butt in the third pic no wonder you like making cookies, and you made enough indeed and tarts to boot :Oh Yeah!:
Tit for tat. Wife would not let me take a picture of the hand prints I left on her .......... :rolleyes:

L

Leaseman

I miss eating all that christmas baking, haven't seen any around here for awhile. I used to buy shortbread cookies at costco every year but now they don't carry them anymore.
Costco down here has some of the best shortbread cookies going!!

We bought 30 of the large tins to give away to some of my clients.......:kewl: :Oh Yeah!:

mastercaster

This IS My Life
Instead of Christmas baking I'm making up a few batches of deer jerky tomorrow to give away as gifts to my kids, sister, friends, etc. Got the Cracked Pepper and Garlic and the Cajun recipes curing in the fridge as I type.

I'm hoping my daughter makes her sugar cookies with icing on them this Christmas. I like those!

L

Leaseman

Thanks for bringing back old memories Gary!! :kewl:

I haven't thought of cheese sticks since my Mom passed several years ago.....sure enjoyed them! :Oh Yeah!:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom