Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

craft beers

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

sealevel

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
i am just enjoying a craft beer brewed by mount bigbe in revelstoke called attila the honey . in sorrento theirs a little brewery called kronog they have a beer called ...back hand of god . it is so good .

fingershooter

Reaction score
Backhand of God is one of our favs. Mt Begbie's Tall Timber and Kolsh are excellent. Nelson Brewery's Face Plant and are also good if you like darker beers.

jenn7210

300 MAGNUM
Reaction score
Had a great honey brown ale when we were through Golden in October. From the Fernie brewery called First Trax .........................

Locally, we have Barkerville Brew Co,. They have an award winning 52 Foot Stout ...................

CF8889

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Favorite place in Calgary is called Cold Garden. Big warehouse, $5 pints, and dog friendly!

When our dog was doing his puppy training. We'd go there every sunday afternoon after training. He'd get a chew toy and we'd get a beer. Tons of fancy ones.. but that East Calgary Lager is my favorite!

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Guinness is a favorite. Canned, not bottled. It's the one beer that doesn't seem to make me feel bloated after just two....

Kilkenny is another good one - not quite as dark as Guinness, but still tasty.

Then there are the Dark Lagers....

Bow Walker

Reaction score
About the only thing that I am definitely NOT a fan of is the heavily hopped beers, or the 'flavored' beers. I don't want my quaff to taste like blueberries or raspberries or any fruit for that matter. I just want a clean, thirst quenching pint.

Bow Walker

Reaction score
I'd probably give it a try but anything, and I mean anything that has grapefruit in it is, and has been, verboten for me since I began this regimen of heart/cholesterol drugs back in 2005. :Black Eye: :grumpy:

Grapefruit juice used to be my choice as a breakfast juice too....wtfe

Riverbc

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
i really like a grapefruit beer
I like the radlers. In fact I like most of the wheat ales with fruit. I got bored of regular beer after playing softball for bars for 35 years. They just kept dumping glasses and jugs on our table if we were in uniform. I drank a lot of draught beer, back in the day.
I bought a couple of these the other day, and really liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Riverbc

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
And I really, really don’t like IPAs, which seem to be all the rage, lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vic

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Never understood that Merv.
Coors, Bud- 5%
Lucky- 4.8%

F-ing near water what does that make Lucky

:What?:

wildcatter

Reaction score
About the only thing that I am definitely NOT a fan of is the heavily hopped beers, or the 'flavored' beers. I don't want my quaff to taste like blueberries or raspberries or any fruit for that matter. I just want a clean, thirst quenching pint.
So far I haven't had a beer that had too much hops.
I've been an IPA fan a long time, at least since Fat Tug been available.
However I don't like flavored beers, or sours.
I don't turn my nose up on lagers or pilsners if I want something light.

Bow Walker

Reaction score
We have a local craft brewer here (one of many) and they make a beer that is named after the olde gathering place in town....it is a Czech styled Pilsner that really goes down all to easily. Great on a hot day after mowing the acreage..... :Oh Yeah!:

Commons Czech Style Pilsner
Our take on a Bohemian classic. Balanced and crisp, this local lager might be your new favourite brew. The Pilsner style comes from Pilsen, Czech Republic, the original city in which it was brewed. Following tradition we wanted to name our Upstreet Pilsner after its birthplace. In the 18th century, our brewery site was in “the Commons” – the outskirts of Charlottetown proper.
19060153_699004760300741_3118937741934175846_n.jpg

Jimmy the Prawn

The Prawn is On
Reaction score
Typically drink Luckys by the box (mine say 5%...). However as I age and approach maturity (I'm 44...) I am finding I enjoy the occasional "craft beer". This Holiday season I received a gift pack of Granville Island beer. My favourites were the "Winter Ale" and the "Mocha Porter". In fact, the next Venison stew I make is going to have a dose of the porter in it. Num num num.
JP

fingershooter

Reaction score
FYI...tickets are already on sale for the Fest of Ales in Penticton on April 12 & 13. Lots of different beers from all over the place and lots of foods (quail eggs, oysters, wings, pretzels, etc.) and great music.

lyktohunt

Reaction score
Never was a fan of craft beer but I have been converted. Fairly often stop at the Barkerville Brewery here in Quesnel where I now really enjoy one called Wandering Camel IPA very strong which I used to hate but now really enjoy

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
LUCKY #1 :Heh, heh, heh:
In Florida it was HAMMS.......1/2 cans at Wal-Mart.....actually cheaper than water !!!!!!
Rolling rock and CHRYSTAL SPRING......then Mexican beer........
no class when it comes to beer but I drink what I like :Oh Yeah!::Yee Ha:

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Here's one I wont be drinking EVER!

Two Wolves is also a company with a conscience. We are donating 5⊄ from the purchase of every can to wolf research and the preservation of wolf habitats in Canada. This is a cause that is close to our hearts and we are putting our money where it counts.
I suggest this for their new logo
Wolf-Hunting.jpg

CF8889

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
LUCKY #1 :Heh, heh, heh:
In Florida it was HAMMS.......1/2 cans at Wal-Mart.....actually cheaper than water !!!!!!
Rolling rock and CHRYSTAL SPRING......then Mexican beer........
no class when it comes to beer but I drink what I like :Oh Yeah!::Yee Ha:
I've been on a Busch go lately. If it tastes good, it tastes good!

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
then there was BILLY-BEER, Pres. Jimmy Carter's brothers co.
it was fine on a hot day......in my wisdom,i stashed a 6 pack away for over 35 years......figured it would be worth a pile of $$$some day....it came from North Carolina to montreal ,then to West Vancouver and finally the island.......figured it was time to collect my ''fortune''. turned out that it was worth ZIP !!!!
NOT a collectors item AND the cans could not be returned in Canada.....a TOTAL WASTE of about $3.u.s.

Top Bottom