Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Donna1

• Admin

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Just a heads up people. This from another site. The Mod Team will be watching

donna1-Scammer
User name:- donna1
Name:- Brian David Squirrell
Tel.:- 780-809-5992
email 1:- bsquirell529@gmail.com
2:- donna.thomas1@frontier.com
DL:- Alberta 153154-059
PAL:- 11124519.0004
Old address:- 932 5 ave.S, Lethbrdige, AB T1J 0V2
He now lives in Edmonton.

He placed an ad. on the forum for a Kimber Montana on Jan.22, 2019 after he just joined. I was skeptical with his newness and lack of feedback. However through messages he convinced me he was legitimate.

I EMT him $ 1050.00 on Jan. 23 and it was deposited on the same day.

He indicated he would send it out on Jan. 26, a Saturday.

However I saw that he was banned on Sat. morning and contacted him. He still said it was being sent out that day. When I asked him about the ban, he claimed he didn't know about.

Since then I cannot reach him either by phone or email.

I have since filed a report with the RCMP who was reluctant to do so, being a civil matter. I will also go to my bank to see what they can do, but I am not hopeful.​

vortex hunter

Reaction score
omg jim that sh#t pisses me off especially to a stand up fella like you . the things I WOULD NOT THINK TWICE ABOUT DOING TO SCUM BAGS LIKE THAT ... let my dog chew on him for yeah Jim ... I know you probably contacted the police about it as well .... sry to hear buddy

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
one of my long guns left home awhile back..........fellow has been on a military shooting /collecting site for years........said ''send 1/2 money by e mail and i will mail ''some'' of the gun........
he sent the whole amount..........up front........
it is a bit of a roll of the dice BUT i had read his posts and by his style,he seemed legit........ he is interested in another old military rifle i have..........not using it so i'll probably give him a deal we both are happy with....
of course,i , following the law,asked for his p.a.l.# which he immediately sent.
as for sending $$$$$ to a stranger, na!!! face to face o.k. or YOU send ME $$$$$$$ first...... i can't afford to get scammed with my limited funds.

KH4

Reaction score
CP COD never dawned on me, pretty slick service and not too pricey. Thanks for the heads up.

Round Boy

Can't keep a beat.
Reaction score
Thanks for that D.ross, and welcome to the site. Very sorry to hear you got scammed. It seems to be far to much of that going on lately. Lack of action by the RCMP and these Low lifes just continue on in their scams, unscathed.
For a government worried about gun crime so much you would think that they would take a stronger stance and take action to get these criminals.
Even if their is no firearm exchanged in this scam, it is still a gun crime in my books and should be dealt with accordingly.

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
D.Ross welcome and thanks for sharing on you first post, very helpful one indeed. Sorry for your experience, but glad you made it here to share and hopefully save someone else. That site has a very bad rep for scammers. Now pull up a stump pour a cup of Nahmint's "Coffee" and join in on the fun stuff.
Again a big thanks for sharing.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
I also was scammed by donna1. He has a real person's DL and P.A.L. the number he was using is 6043732625 and the website was firearmscanada.com
First of all, welcome to this site!
Very sorry to read about your misfortune in thrusting someone.
Hope you enjoy the camaraderie and friendliness on this site.
Looking forward to reading about some of your exploits etc.

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Welcome D.ross, you'll find that we are an easy going bunch around here - right up to that third cup of Nahmint's coffee.......:Yikes!:

I sure hope that someone comes down on this scumbag and comes down HARD! :mad:

Reaction score
asked for his P.A.L.#......... as required.
d.g.a.f. about his drivers licence.......... hell,i even asked if he still had a green jeep......GOOGLE EARTH is your friend:Heh, heh, heh:
Are you speaking about donna1?
He scammed a good friend of mine, the person who made the post on HBC that Foxton posted here.
He's an older guy and probably too trusting, he's out his money with basically no recourse.
I had a few friends in the darker side of the computer world work on his ip, it turns out he is most likely using his own VPN of sorts based out of Quebec.
There were only a few ip's linked to the VPN.
This guy is a little more than your average hillbilly by the looks of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

olympia

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Seems like it's getting more and more risky to buy on the net. That's why I'd be very reluctant to buy off anyone with a low post or trader rating unless ftf.

Reaction score
Beware of this guy. I had my info stolen from by him fro me.
Advice to anyone buying a firearm off anyone online DO NOT SEND PHOTOS OF YOUR IDS OR PAL as proof of identity.
Give and get a full name, address and pal # and make a phone call to Mirimichi to verify legitimacy.
Its now being used against me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
If you happen to have your info stolen and being used the very first thing you should do is contact your local RCMP and create a file number.
I've just started that process today. I have to have better opsec habits, this is a learning experience.

Decker9

Mountains are my medicine
Reaction score
Would this be the same guy as “Traviss” that was trying to scam on HBC, does anyone know? Traviss was/is using my stolen ID, and has been for quite some time. Iv reported him numerous times, with current phone #’s and email addresses, the local RCMP have been zero help.

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
I'd be worried that these scammers are terrorists trying to bypass the system to secure firearms and money. Maybe that would interest the "powers to be". Just saying

Decker9

Mountains are my medicine
Reaction score
I'd be worried that these scammers are terrorists trying to bypass the system to secure firearms and money. Maybe that would interest the "powers to be". Just saying
I tried numerous things, including that. The local rcmp say the guy is from over seas, and there’s nothing they can do. Identity fraud, buying/selling without a PAL, stolen identity, I even mentioned taking it to a news company, with no luck. A hard lesson learnt on my part.

NAHMINT II

Reaction score
Just look at the MEXICANS that got busted at HASTINGS PARK.....working hard and sending money home.... YET, THE LIBS,RCMP and CBS let the illegals just walk in from the states in QUEBEC and to a lesser degree in Ontario and Manitoba......yep, NOV is right, THEY decide who gets busted and who don't..........
and we know what a ''taint'' is , don't we !!!!!

olympia

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Just look at the MEXICANS that got busted at HASTINGS PARK.....working hard and sending money home.... YET, THE LIBS,RCMP and CBS let the illegals just walk in from the states in QUEBEC and to a lesser degree in Ontario and Manitoba......yep, NOV is right, THEY decide who gets busted and who don't..........
and we know what a ''taint'' is , don't we !!!!!
Yup, if you wanna sneak across the border and pick berries we will deport(and so we should) but if you wanna come thru the border from the middle East because of a war that the west had no business getting involved and touch little girls at the Edmonton swimming pool...all good!!!

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
It just pee's me off to no end when people willingly scam other people. :Really Mad:
I daydream about what I would have done to the thief that stole my ornamental bike if
I had caught him 20-30 years ago...for real! When I was a lot younger I gave a couple of
deserving fellows something to think about on their way to the hospital...I wish I could
still do it!

olympia

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
I daydream about what I would have done to the thief that stole my ornamental bike if
I had caught him 20-30 years ago...for real! When I was a lot younger I gave a couple of
deserving fellows something to think about on their way to the hospital...I wish I could
still do it!
You can still try man!!!

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat Dave..... The mind is willing but the body is weak.

So now I accessorize. You know - "never leave home without it" and things of that nature. Amazing what can be accomplished with even a 30 oz. piece of Louisville hardwood in a time of need. :yeah, right: :highly_amused:

olympia

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat Dave..... The mind is willing but the body is weak.

So now I accessorize. You know - "never leave home without it" and things of that nature. Amazing what can be accomplished with even a 30 oz. piece of Louisville hardwood in a time of need. :yeah, right: :highly_amused:
Might I suggest a homemade cane tailor made to fits all your walking needs

NAHMINT II

Reaction score
still do it!
don't mess with older gentlemen too old to fight, They will do things UNEXPECTED That could result in serious if not fatal injuries to your worthless hides !!!!!

Top Bottom