Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Euro Pronghorn Mount

Thread starter #6

Walleye King

Long-Time Member
Looks bigger than that .
Congrats on him.
Now I am questioning my memory. I may have to find the score sheet or re-score it. Thank you! He is my largest antelope and would qualify for the Sask record book if I chose to enter him. I'm darn sure that's about what he scored. 87 7/8 is a true freak of nature, congrats to that successful hunter as well!

Head Lice

Long-Time Member
That is him Dan, yep!
They are truly an African looking animal . . .
They're back into their former range in a lot of places. My grandpa's old Saskatchewan homestead has them again.
Have seen them in SD, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Alberta and Saskatchewan . . . . but, the largest buck ever was in that super sparse sagebrush to the north of the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah.
Beautiful animal Mike !

He sure has a good sized body on him - bigger than what I thought of as the body size for those things.

Tasty, I expect? Different or stronger tasting? Kinda like lamb?

Thread starter #13

Walleye King

Long-Time Member
He sure has a good sized body on him - bigger than what I thought of as the body size for those things.

Tasty, I expect? Different or stronger tasting? Kinda like lamb?
They are short in the body and stocky. It is a dark meat, prepared properly, not a lot different from moose. Not lamby or goaty at all.

A VERY Fine Speed Goat, and a damn interesting Euro mount.
Never considered one of those for antelope before.
Now you have me thinking...
Perhaps I may need to hunt another... small wink

Congrats!! :Oh Yeah!:

Cheers,
Nog

Top Bottom