Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Favorite Spices Whats Yours

Thread starter #1
F

Fear No Deer

I have gown fond of Sweet Mesquite Seasoning, was only available in the States Costco but believe it is up here now to, I just love using it on meat and poultry, I have several others I like but lets see what you guys like first.

At work, we do a Chipotle Sausage with the seasoning that we get from our supplier.

I've used that seasoning mix in burger patties, as a garnish on chicken, pork, beef, lamb, and just about everything else. So I have ot say that Chipotle Sausage seasoning tops the list.

Honorable mention goes to Garam Masala. Add a pinch or two to your curries and you will be amazed at the results. Sprinkle some on your pork chops or chicken, or beef....small wink

Thread starter #5
F

Fear No Deer

Good one chainsaw33, I also like garlic + it's a great spice as well.

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
I like Cajun spice....will have to look for that sweet mesquite [where did you find it?]. I also have a variety of Mrs Dash spices....and Montreal Steak spice. I got a couple new ones at christmas to try out..but I don't even remember what they were called.

And Chainsaw...it's spiced rum and coke for me...

You guys do know that those 'Montreal Spices' are mostly salt, right?

Thanks Chris, I did forget about garlic, it's probably the most used flavoring out there....

ScubaDave

I Need To Get A Life
I have a homemade one that I actually haven't made in awhile, I love it. Cant really say whats in it, but you better believe there's garlic in it lol

philcott

Mucho Gusto
I've been using Za'atar on my home made cheese. Yummy. It's a Lebanese spice.

Dan, I'd be interested in knowing more about the sausage spice you talk about.

Dru

This IS My Life
Tarragon was made for Chicken..... Fennel seed was made for pork...Garlic is every meats love! but ya ther are herbs.... so..
Spice...... Salt and pepper. Montreal steak..... which is salt and pepper and garlic.. lol... paprika....

i guess you could say i am a "Whole food" person...... i dont have many "combo" spices that i dont make myself.

I very much LIKE the Spicy Mesquite. Used to be able to get it here, then like a lot of things I develop a taste for, it disappeared. :frown-new:

Now bring it in from the States. Anyone runs across it up here, Please let me know!!

Cheers,
Nog

Thread starter #23
F

Fear No Deer

Okay I am going to add pickle juice, I use it in tuns when making sandwiches, I use it in my meat loaf and add it in my potato salad, I guess it's not a spice but sure does add flavour, oh yah one last use my kids for some reason were using it for a chaser after shots, yuk to me but each their own.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom