Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

FIELD DRESSING A BUCK - Tune In Tuesday

Thread starter #1

Westside Stores

Westside Stores
This was a requested video

Please leave positive feedback and questions below.

FIELD DRESSING A BUCK: 2018 - Jason - Owner of Westside Stores, gives insight on how to field dress a whitetail buck with BC Regulations for transport in mind. We understand everyone has their own technique, tips or tricks of how they field dress; however this is one of the techniques that we use. Thank you for watching. Field Dressing YouTube Link

dddd.jpg

wideopenthrottle

Long-Time Member
Thanks for the vid....saw it on the other site....ive done/been in on around 50 or so but never seen someone split the pelvis or brisket before gutting a deer......is that the way you always do it or is it a recently learned technique......might have to give it a try....you were already on the road and it was snowy so that helps to not expose/get dirty anymore than the minimum in the field...cheers

also i can see how it would be very helpful for newer folk who are less comfortable reaching up inside and doing it by feel

i also liked that you mentioned washing it out as many people have been wrongly told not to use water

Last edited:
Thread starter #3

Westside Stores

Westside Stores
Thanks for the vid....saw it on the other site....ive done/been in on around 50 or so but never seen someone split the pelvis or brisket before gutting a deer......is that the way you always do it or is it a recently learned technique......might have to give it a try....you were already on the road and it was snowy so that helps to not expose/get dirty anymore than the minimum in the field...cheers

also i can see how it would be very helpful for newer folk who are less comfortable reaching up inside and doing it by feel

i also liked that you mentioned washing it out as many people have been wrongly told not to use water

Hello Wideopenthrottle,

Thank you for your comment and for watching our short video!

Jason is away on a whitetail Manitoba hunt filming with an episode with Bushnell's Trigger Effect so I have sent him your question and this is the response he has given me!

Jason - " I have always split the brisket as it gives me better access to the upper cavity and allows me to remove more of the esophagus along with the entitles. I have always cut the pelvis twice as well to allows for the easy removal and clean out. I have never had issues with dirt getting into the animal and for the most part, any dirt, leaves or needles will be cleaned up or trimmed out as soon as it was hung and skinned.

Please feel free to send me a message if you have any other questions or if you have any ideas on short clips that you may want to see."

Jason@westsidestores.ca or message us on here and we will respond.

Thank you again for your support!

Top Bottom