Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

First hunt of 2019,,,,,,more mallards today

Thread starter #1

mastercaster

This IS My Life
Got out a little later than we should have today but if the shooting was better we could have had our limits well before dark. Had to settle for a dozen birds between us. Could have shot any number of widgeon but my buddy told me to save my ammo for the mallards. Good thing, too, because I did run out of shells. I only brought out what was left in the box thinking if I went through them it would be a good day. Of course when I went back to the truck to grab more I must have jinxed us because only a couple of more birds came to the decoys. LOL

0-34
by Brent Davy, on Flickr

Bow Walker

SHOOTING FOR THE KILL.
Man, oh man - I can remember my mother roasting up a batch of ducks and the house smelling like I wanted to eat the whole thing - right from gables to footings! :Oh Yeah!:

She would stuff them with a traditional bread stuffing (like a turkey) and lay a strip or two of bacon over top the breasts. Those things were to die for. :Hungry:

exps2152_CW1611C31D.jpg

Top Bottom