Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Freaking people

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
As always, there are two sides to a story. There are also different perspectives on what
people think is happening. Until both sides can explain their position and whatever
actions were being done, I take stories like this with a grain of salt.

Foxton Gundogs

END of TRAIL Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
I have said for years EVERY club/range should hold FREE open house day with responsible instructors and supervisors for NON-SHOOTERS. so they can learn the truth about SPORT guns and SPORT shooting. Every club BCWF included would not exist without shooters, it's their fight too, and EDUCATION is the key to winning it. To quote Dylan

And don't criticize
What you can't understand

Jimmy the Prawn

The Prawn is On
Reaction score
Hmm. Well to stir the pot... This woman seems very reasonable about her take on what was going on and not specifically "anti-firearms", at least not yet. Read it carefully; she does not at all attack us as firearms users in general, even admitting that she only found the sound of gunfire uncomfortable because she was not used to it. Judging by the note at the end of the article, the individuals in question were shooting in an area where they shouldn't have been. I have also had personal experience with individuals shooting in an unsafe manner; trap shooting towards main roads, shooting targets on roads towards blind corners etc. So it does happen. I think the issue here is just as much about educating the firearms owners as it is educating those who share the outdoors with us. If I could, I would reach out to this woman and ensure her that this is not the behaviour of a responsible gun owner, in an attempt to show her that we are conscious and conscientious about the safety of others in the areas where we hunt and shoot. This, in my mind, is how we "win the war". Not trying to convert everyone to gun ownership, but convincing those who are not gun owners, that those of us who are, are safe, responsible, and mindful of those around us.
JtP

Foxton Gundogs

END of TRAIL Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Like I said JtP, education, all education that unveils the truth is the key. But better to have an established club provide proactive education than address one individual at a time in a reactive situation. As long as it is respectful and truthful people at least some people will get it
JMHO

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Hmm. Well to stir the pot... This woman seems very reasonable about her take on what was going on and not specifically "anti-firearms", at least not yet. Read it carefully; she does not at all attack us as firearms users in general, even admitting that she only found the sound of gunfire uncomfortable because she was not used to it. Judging by the note at the end of the article, the individuals in question were shooting in an area where they shouldn't have been. I have also had personal experience with individuals shooting in an unsafe manner; trap shooting towards main roads, shooting targets on roads towards blind corners etc. So it does happen. I think the issue here is just as much about educating the firearms owners as it is educating those who share the outdoors with us. If I could, I would reach out to this woman and ensure her that this is not the behaviour of a responsible gun owner, in an attempt to show her that we are conscious and conscientious about the safety of others in the areas where we hunt and shoot. This, in my mind, is how we "win the war". Not trying to convert everyone to gun ownership, but convincing those who are not gun owners, that those of us who are, are safe, responsible, and mindful of those around us.
JtP
Yes, you could be right. I most heartily agree that there are hunters and shooters out there that either need
some qualified education, or shouldn't be allowed firearms at all because of their reckless attitude. As I have
related in other threads, I've had bullets almost take me out from careless hunters and shooters. I've also had
hunters shoot at me from great distance. What goes on in their stupid head is beyond me.

KTownKiller

I like lofty heights & Roll'n Stones!!!
Reaction score
With all my hunting in town, I take every op to educate people I meet that other's safety is my priority. Most people are very positive about it all!

Cedar Cowgirl

Cowgirl Pride.
Reaction score
I speak to any one that will listen, My horse, theatre, and FB friends etc. Mot are receptive to the facts when explained to them

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
Reaction score
JtP
Ahhh...the voice of reason.

Top Bottom