Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Gas price in your town.......

halfsmoked

It’s kind of funny that gas is cheaper than diesel here in Prince George but back home in Port Alberni gas is way more expensive than diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chainsaw33

I saw a news story that stated the rise in prices we are now experiencing is due to the switch over from winter to summer gas. The winter gas is blended to start easier and run better in cold temperatures, while the opposite is true for the summer gas.\

Plus the summer blend has additives that do a lot of other things that I forget right now - this makes the gas a lot more expensive to produce and we can expect a significant rise in price at the pump in the next few weeks or so.
And if you believe that line of BS ,:stinky::stinky: I have a real nice parcel of swamp lake for salesmall wink

Vic

I saw a news story that stated the rise in prices we are now experiencing is due to the switch over from winter to summer gas. The winter gas is blended to start easier and run better in cold temperatures, while the opposite is true for the summer gas.\

Plus the summer blend has additives that do a lot of other things that I forget right now - this makes the gas a lot more expensive to produce and we can expect a significant rise in price at the pump in the next few weeks or so.
You may be right but what I would like to know is that why these changes always result in price increases and never favour the consumer with a price reduction

Bow Walker

SGT MAJOR IN DUMBELDORE'S ARMY.
What really boils my "nards" is when the price goes up 4 or 5 cents overnight - for no apparent reason other than "just because they can".... THAT gets my red neck even redder. :Really Mad:

Oh - and that news story? It was reported on the CTV Atlantic station out here. They always report the latest gas prices in and around Halifax and they end by saying that Cape Breton prices will be adjusted at midnight of the next day.

Walter

Long-Time Member
Well the oil companies just keep squeezing. Poor old Husky only had a profit of 248 million Q1
Canada exported 3.06 million BPD to the US in 2016 at a highly discounted rate from being land locked.
If... the pipeline went thru and Canadian oil could be shipped to European and Asian markets
generating big money... and I mean BIG money , think we would see a discount at the pumps ??
I'm pro pipeline , they say how good it will be for the economy.... what about the consumer of gas and diesel ?
I guess we might see.
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Big Lew

This IS My Life
I've read several stories by supposedly knowledgeable people that suggest consumer prices
will rise significantly (up to 11 cents a liter) when and if more pipelines allow for larger volumes
to be shipped internationally.

N

NAHMINT

TUESDAY I gassed up in Port Alberni, $139.9 everywhere
last night (Friday) gas was 146.9 in PORT.

Nanaimo STILL at 146.9. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Lew

This IS My Life
My mountain bike is looking better,well sort of ,well kinda :Maybe: :ROFL:
Lol! If I didn't live in Mission with all it's steep hills I would indeed use my bike more often.
Even when cycling was part of my life I hated biking around in this town. I actually considered
rigging up a system (similar to one I'd seen on the internet) that would allow my big dog to
pull me along. It's a lot easier to walk and have the dog pack some groceries...if only I could
train the wife as well, he he he.

moosen gram

Resident Hunter
Lol! If I didn't live in Mission with all it's steep hills I would indeed use my bike more often.
Even when cycling was part of my life I hated biking around in this town. I actually considered
rigging up a system (similar to one I'd seen on the internet) that would allow my big dog to
pull me along. It's a lot easier to walk and have the dog pack some groceries...if only I could
train the wife as well, he he he.
I think if she reads this you might lose any brownie points that you might have....:Na-ahh::Behave:

N

NAHMINT

My younger brother , ,thats the guy who retired at 55 :Yee Ha: sold off all his motorcycles, :HUH?: because the Quebec govt. insurance became too expensive,.:Really Mad:

builds those weird looking extended wheelbase ''lie down '' bikes :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: he rides them all over......but then,he builds remote control boats and 4x4 trucks too.
he even built a r.c.tank with a machine gun recording in it......scares the hell out of the racoons..... That's what happens when you have too much free time and ride bicycles !!!!!!!! I think I'll just buy some gas and ''go bush'' in a real 4x4

Big Lew

This IS My Life
When I was touring I actually considered using a recumbent bike as it was touted to be less stressful
on the derriere. 3 concerns kept me from going that route...first and foremost was the lack of visibility
for me and the traffic around me. Then there was the problem of carrying all my camping etc gear, and
then there was the problem of climbing steep grades compared to a properly geared touring bike.
Probably was good that I didn't because with my arthritic body, getting up and down from one of them
would be a chore...would give many people a lot of giggles though, lol!

N

NAHMINT

ELECTRIC ????? when will ''they'' put a charging station in my hunting areas ????? :Here's Wishing:

you BET when enough electric cars are on the road, the $$$$$$$$$$ will go sky high !!!! :What?:

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO STEAM POWER :Don't Go There::Don't Go There::Don't Go There::don't tell anyone:

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Now there's a possible loophole we can exploit! Imagine a person that's a bit handy with welding etc
and has a basic knowledge of steam generation building an engine and related boiler for his truck and
heading off down the road, picking up broken branches and other dead woods along the way to keep
the boiler fire going....the further away from civilization, the more fuel readily available for the taking
at no cost, lol! That person's "mileage" would be pretty impressive!

N

NAHMINT

Now there's a possible loophole we can exploit! Imagine a person that's a bit handy with welding etc
and has a basic knowledge of steam generation building an engine and related boiler for his truck and
heading off down the road, picking up broken branches and other dead woods along the way to keep
the boiler fire going....the further away from civilization, the more fuel readily available for the taking
at no cost, lol! That person's "mileage" would be pretty impressive!
EUSTUS on ''MOUNTAIN MAN and his friend PRESTON made one and it worked on his old Datsun or toyo pick up ...that is,until the vehicle rolled down a cliff and was destroyed !!!

Heyblast

I'm in Ontario right now and gas is 125.9 to139.9. Wish I had filled the car up before I left, hope Horgan is happy the SOB.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
I'm no fan of Horgan or Weaver but I think some of the experts are correct in suggesting that
the oil companies are playing games with their refineries. If we can remember, they've been
playing the same game the last several years at the same time. Also. before the pipeline dispute
many analyst's said that our current gas prices were artificially low compared with other places
because the oil companies had to sell most of their product locally to the States rather than around
the world. Part of their predictions had our oil prices gleaning higher prices worldwide if there were
additional pipelines able to move much higher volumes to international markets...which would also
raise our prices as well anywhere from 5-11 cents a liter. Either way we had better get used to these
higher prices in both the short and long run.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
I would like to see evidence that there has been any change to the normal volume of gasoline coming into BC
from Alberta since the pipeline dispute got heated. I personally suspect that the oil companies are taking
advantage of the dispute situation. I also think that speculators have their hand in it, as does the "what they call"
the oil company's yearly spring refinery maintenance which places their gasoline supplies in short supply.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
There's a lengthy article about gas prices in the Province this morning....it pretty much
fortifies what many of us have suspected...the oil companies are gouging their BC, and
especially Fraser Valley customers as there is no legitimate reason the before taxes price
should be so high here.

Bow Walker

There's a lengthy article about gas prices in the Province this morning....it pretty much
fortifies what many of us have suspected...the oil companies are gouging their BC, and
especially Fraser Valley customers as there is no legitimate reason the before taxes price
should be so high here.
I've long thought that we were on the short end of the stick - and not by accident. :Really Mad:

ianwuzhere

Long-Time Member
$1.39 up from 1.23 today in prince George- dunno what happened to see the huge jump this afternoon- crazy price increase- price of oil barrel is what $68? nutz... getting out of hand, someones making some serious $$

Bow Walker

I went into Labor yesterday morning and the reader board was dark. I figured they were in the process of changing the price.

Boy was i right :mad:........ jumped 6 cents in a matter of hours. How can they do that?!?

Bow Walker

Excise taxes were suspended out this way starting Jan 1st. That means that gas prices here are a uniform 95.7 cents per liter across the Island.

April 1st is when the feds slap on their 'new' tax which will drive the price up to about 2 cents per liter over what it was before it went down Jan 1..... which was at the 1.09.9 per liter mark.

Bow Walker

Holding steady at 99.1 cents per liter out here.

Should stay there until the new Federal taxes kick in and the prices jump back up to around 110.9

That'll be on April 1st and it won't be a joke.

$114.9 in Nanaimo right now. This past spring I filled up with fuel in Tuytoyaktuk for he same price as it was in Nanaimo, and then again in Fort McPherson for substantially less. So much for the argument that transport costs drive the prices up in remote areas.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom