Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Gas price in your town.......

mastercaster

This IS My Life
....$1.449 for regular.......:disgust:
I think that's a high as it's ever gotten if memory serves. The timing couldn't be worse what with all these jaunts to the interior to hunt! I've been ordering a few pieces of dog training equipment out of the States so every time I have to go down there I hope my tank is almost empty. It's still a lot cheaper below the border even with our crappy dollar exchange rate.

Must cost a bundle to fill up a large truck tank, I would imagine.

Bow Walker

ADMIN/OWNER - JUMPING IN TO HELP.
Hmmm - I guess we are still a bit lower than the western provinces.... but it is climbing because of all the disruptions from the hurricanes down south. Now that Harvey has died off the next one is Irma and she's as big or bigger than her brother.

I expect prices to climb even further in the coming months. wtfe

Never mind the gas... We (us Canucks) should be limiting our softwoods and water to the south and see how The Trumptser can swing the (Buy American) slogan while rebuilding...

yes yes we have to help our neighbors ....

Sorry.. serious Derail...:hopelessness:
Driving a Fiat.. what Gas??

Last edited:

mastercaster

This IS My Life
Never mind the gas... We (us Canucks) should be limiting our softwoods and water to the south and see how The Trumptser can swing the (Buy American) slogan while rebuilding...

yes yes we have to help our neighbors ....

Sorry.. serious Derail...:hopelessness:
Driving a Fiat.. what Gas??
Back in the eighties my sister used to have a spider and as far as sport cars go, that thing was a guzzler!!

L

Leaseman

I think that's a high as it's ever gotten if memory serves. The timing couldn't be worse what with all these jaunts to the interior to hunt! I've been ordering a few pieces of dog training equipment out of the States so every time I have to go down there I hope my tank is almost empty. It's still a lot cheaper below the border even with our crappy dollar exchange rate.

Must cost a bundle to fill up a large truck tank, I would imagine.
I have learned to never run my truck below half....rarely have a $100.00 diesel bill......:Black Eye:

I think a couple of years ago we hit high $1.40's didn't we?? :Shrug:

Finaddict

Long-Time Member
I have learned to never run my truck below half....rarely have a $100.00 diesel bill......:Black Eye:

I think a couple of years ago we hit high $1.40's didn't we?? :Shrug:
Yes and at that time oil was $145.00 per barrel. If anyone thinks that there is any validity to the hurricane as being responsible for any perceived gas shortage, it is all complete BS. There is an overcapacity of refineries in both Canada and the US. The hurricane is a convenient excuse to the conglomerate of oil companies to bump prices, particularly in this region. I am by no means a conspiracy theorist, but this one is clearly an oligopoly where there is significant collusion.

Based on previous prices paid for gasoline based on price of oil per barrel and taking inflation into consideration, we should be paying no more than about $0.85 per litre and even that is a generous evaluation.

Last edited:

wrjwrj

Never seems to fail, heading up north for a hunting trip and the price of fuel goes up a week before by %10 !!! Surely we have the technology to make a 4x4 full sized ELECTRIC truck!! Even diesel is $1.12+ here right now...:mad:

mastercaster

This IS My Life
Just filled up in the States for $3.19 per US gallon but that's even up from a week ago when I paid $2.99. Still,,,,I'm saving over a dollar per gallon. I wanted to fill up down there for my drive to the interior on Sunday to hunt.

L

Leaseman

yikes $1.21 litre

could thing the ecoboost is good on juice !!

.................:highly_amused:

I bet you are in the same set up as me and haven't had to buy too much gas in awhile.......

Diesel down here is 1.189 ...... premium fuel is 1.549.....:disgust:

mastercaster

This IS My Life
yikes $1.21 litre

could thing the ecoboost is good on juice !!
When I left Kelowna Wednesday morning gas was $1.15 per litre, a $1.14 in Merritt. Gassed up in Blaine today for $2.79 USD per US gallon,,,,considerably cheaper even with the exchange.

- - - Updated - - -

.................:highly_amused:

I bet you are in the same set up as me and haven't had to buy too much gas in awhile.......

Diesel down here is 1.189 ...... premium fuel is 1.549.....:disgust:
Does anybody use premium anymore in their cars/trucks?? Hard to believe a person would buy a vehicle that recommends using it. The only thing I use it for is my chainsaw and a gallon lasts the whole year!

mastercaster

This IS My Life
1.239 in Abby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Abby used to have some of the cheapest gas in the province,,,,,not anymore! As soon as you get out of Hope you'll find gas anywhere from 5-10 cents cheaper per litre than Abbottsford. Still, it's better than metro Vancouver.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Just went up about noon today to 1.26/9 from 1.19/9 in Mission which is frustrating
when for the last several years Mission has usually been the lowest in the valley.
It's especially annoying when Merritt's prices have been 1.14/9 for awhile considering
they're usually higher than most areas south of Kamloops.

mastercaster

This IS My Life
Just went up about noon today to 1.26/9 from 1.19/9 in Mission which is frustrating
when for the last several years Mission has usually been the lowest in the valley.
It's especially annoying when Merritt's prices have been 1.14/9 for awhile considering
they're usually higher than most areas south of Kamloops.
Actually gas went up there as well because the last few weeks before last week it was at $1.12.

Riverbc

Long-Time Member
Since we don't have a transit tax incorporated into our gas prices I think that we are too high, and a lot higher than it appears against other prices.
We don’t have a transit tax in Abbotsford either, but we’re still higher than the interior. Wtfe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ours went from 119 to 139 overnight........now down to 135....

Apparently speculation on a pipeline break that happened last week caused gas prices to jump in Chicago, where gas is traded.....again, only speculation.

It was on Gasbuddy.com this morning.

Cheers

SS

Top Bottom