Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Gas price in your town.......

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Morning Bill..... :Oh Yeah!:

You gotta bear in mind that the level of income out here is way below that of the level enjoyed in BC - hence the price (while it looks low) is proportionate with the income.... meaning that the cost of gas is high for our level of income (as it is everywhere).

As an example - I am working part-time for a national chain of stores (as a meatcutter) and I was given credit for my 45+ years of experience in the meatcutting field when they set my wage to be higher than any other part-timer that had less experience..... my wage is less than $12.15 per hour. wtfe

When they told me the wage offered they expected me to be excited and to thank them profusely...... I did thank them - but also told them (politely) that I had just left a job in BC that paid $25.00 per hour and I was due to be given a $1.00/hour raise within the month...... :hopelessness:

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Morning Bill..... :Oh Yeah!:

You gotta bear in mind that the level of income out here is way below that of the level enjoyed in BC - hence the price (while it looks low) is proportionate with the income.... meaning that the cost of gas is high for our level of income (as it is everywhere).

As an example - I am working part-time for a national chain of stores (as a meatcutter) and I was given credit for my 45+ years of experience in the meatcutting field when they set my wage to be higher than any other part-timer that had less experience..... my wage is less than $12.15 per hour. wtfe

When they told me the wage offered they expected me to be excited and to thank them profusely...... I did thank them - but also told them (politely) that I had just left a job in BC that paid $25.00 per hour and I was due to be given a $1.00/hour raise within the month...... :hopelessness:
While that might be true, you do enjoy better fuel economy not having any hills and mountains to climb...:trouble_maker:

mastercaster

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Saw a $1.47 in Surrey yesterday. The gas even jumped up in Blaine. $3.09 per gallon yesterday when i filled up compared to $2.99 last week. Still,,,,it's a whole lot cheaper than what we have north of the border.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
I can't stop imagining what the prices would be if our spineless governments insisted
oil produced in this country for domestic use had to be refined here as it was years ago.
It seems ridiculous for our oil to be sent down into the States to be refined and then for
us to buy it back, especially at the current exchange rate disadvantage. It's not much
different then other international companies having plants on both sides of the border to
take advantage of the fluctuating dollar and lower labour costs and difference in taxation.
I've never been in favour of companies within a country being able to outsource their
manufacturing to underdeveloped low wage countries in order to under-price companies
in their own country and potentially put their neighbours out of work.

mastercaster

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Gas was down a little today in Surrey,,,$1.37/L. Down in the States, too, which is where I filled up this morning,,,,$3.05 per gallon.

Reaction score
Yesterday.....
Noticed fuel at $1.479 ltr in Burnaby on our way South.. = approx $5.60 a US gallon cnd$$
Costco Bellingham $2.64 US$$ a gallon....

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
As I've mentioned before, most of the blame for the Vancouver area having the highest
fuel costs in North America, other than the high transit taxes, lies on the petroleum companies
getting away with consolidating their refineries and moving them into Washington State. I don't
understand why our governments don't use whatever clout they have to forcibly insist that our
petroleum for domestic use be refined here as it used to be.

Reaction score
I agree Dave... That being said Cherry Point is no more than 50 miles from most of the Lower Mainland.. Transportation Costs shouldn't be a issue .... All things considered to me it's just "Gouging" in our local market...

mastercaster

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Yesterday.....
Noticed fuel at $1.479 ltr in Burnaby on our way South.. = approx $5.60 a US gallon cnd$$
Costco Bellingham $2.64 US$$ a gallon....
I've actually made three trips into Blaine just to buy gas, pick up a pound of butter or some some cheese in the last month and a half ,,,,,even though I didn't have any parcels to pick up. Also drove out to Abby once even though their gas is pricey now but I also picked up dog food at Buckerfields and a few doggie things at Cabelas. Abby used to be cheaper than any of the towns in the Okanagan or Kamloops area,,,,,,NOT ANYMORE!!

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Just bought gas today @ $1.24/9 in Mission, so with my discount it was $1.20/9
Apparently I got it just before it's expected to rise.

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
We need to put a hefty fuel surcharge on every stick of cargo being shipped from Alberta to BC ports and vice versa. Give them back a bit of their own. You might say they did it to themselves.

ianwuzhere

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
$1.25 in prince George today, hopefully it stays there for the entire summer cuz that's high enuf

N

NAHMINT

Haven't bought gas in 3 weeks.........saving the ''shock'' for tomorrow.....NANAIMO,PARKSVILLE or PORT ALBERNI,where ever its cheaper........:Maybe:

ya got to buy it so it is what it is !!!! :popcorn: beenm using wife's explorer ....its ALWAYS gassed up:ROFL::ROFL:

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Haven't bought gas in 3 weeks.........saving the ''shock'' for tomorrow.....NANAIMO,PARKSVILLE or PORT ALBERNI,where ever its cheaper........:Maybe:

ya got to buy it so it is what it is !!!! :popcorn: beenm using wife's explorer ....its ALWAYS gassed up:ROFL::ROFL:
I thought only teenagers did that!

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Well, you guys frightened me because I forgot to fuel up today and I only had a couple
of gallons left. Just rushed down, and to my surprise, I topped her up with $1.36 9/10ths
at the Chevron in Mission. I passed a couple of stations advertising $1.38 9/10ths.

Last edited:

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
I saw a news story that stated the rise in prices we are now experiencing is due to the switch over from winter to summer gas. The winter gas is blended to start easier and run better in cold temperatures, while the opposite is true for the summer gas.\

Plus the summer blend has additives that do a lot of other things that I forget right now - this makes the gas a lot more expensive to produce and we can expect a significant rise in price at the pump in the next few weeks or so.

Top Bottom