Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Geese to the right of me, geese to the left...

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Spent the last 4 days along the Oregon coast to Coos Bay before heading back north
to Florence and taking hwy 126 to Eugene and hwy I-5 back home. Everywhere I went
I saw geese...thousands of geese. They weren't all regular Canada geese either, especially
right on the coastline shores. I'm pretty sure people hunt them as there were one heck of
a lot of camo'd boats in people's yards but I didn't see or hear anyone doing so. It was
very distracting for this old fellow...almost as bad as visiting Stanley Park with their tame
ducks and geese everywhere...and all within range, lol!

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
That's a slice of heaven for a certain goose hunter on here.....:Heh, heh, heh:
Don't know if that certain someone has been at the Cunningham Ranch west of 70 Mile the last few years,
but they have flocks of Canada geese wandering all over and around their farmyard and fields that obviously
are used to being there with people and farm equipment. That would change pretty quickly if that certain
person or I had our way...:Heh, heh, heh:
:Here's Wishing:

KTownKiller

I like lofty heights & Roll'n Stones!!!
Reaction score
I was whack'n honkers just south of Rona's side wall the other morn'n!!! Just 300 yds (ranged) from the parking lot!!! Gotta love kill'n in KTown!!!! :highly_amused:
I gave the cops a heads up before start'n the carnage and destruction. I told them how far I was from Rona, and asked them to let me know of any complaints. But my phone never rang!!! People are not that bad around here! And I was shoot'n up to 11 am with plenty of people out!

KTownKiller

Reaction score
LOL! Not quite all that, Dude! Just proof of 5 mil liability and typical criminal search. Then they pretty much leave the shoot'n to my own discretion!!!! Ya, I know!!!! Trusting bunch, aren't they!!!!!! :kewl: They even leave it to me to decide where it's safe to use my quarter bore!!!!!! But they trust me a lot, also. And that's huge!!

Foxton Gundogs

END of TRAIL Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
I thought you needed a special permit that required background checks and stool, semen, blood and urine samples to hunt in Kelowna?
Yep and they won't accept the records check unless done there. I guess they don't trust their brothers in arms to do it. Fortunately the rest of the OK doesnt have their heads so far up their ass. We do pretty damn good without Kelowna lol.

Biggyun68

Rainman
Reaction score
Yes thats all that matters KTownKiller... Although the criminal records check is a cash grab as we go through one everyday as part of being a PAL holder and even more scrutiny as a RPAL holder if you have one.
The liability insurance is a must for hunting however 5 million???? I have seen a dead goose cause a lot of damage but 5 million? Its interesting as you only need 2 million for Fraser Valley and Gulf Islands special hunting licenses.

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
HELL, costs $25 at RCMP in NANAIMO every year for criminal background check, just to salvage logs on the chuk !!!!! forgot, the govt. gets $250 a year to renew licence.......no seniors discount :Really Mad:

Last edited:

KTownKiller

Reaction score
Yes thats all that matters KTownKiller... Although the criminal records check is a cash grab as we go through one everyday as part of being a PAL holder and even more scrutiny as a RPAL holder if you have one.
The liability insurance is a must for hunting however 5 million???? I have seen a dead goose cause a lot of damage but 5 million? Its interesting as you only need 2 million for Fraser Valley and Gulf Islands special hunting licenses.
Ya, I didn't like it much at first, but now I've seen how it helps land owners relax more just knowing all that I've done and covered with. It's helped get me spots!

Foxton Gundogs

END of TRAIL Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
I tell you those Mounties got make up for their lack of pay!
Way to many other towns and farms that appreciate what we do for me to donate to a cash grab like that. Its us that are doing them a solid, not the other way around our gas, our shells, our decoys and equipment and our experience, they should be paying us lol

Top Bottom