Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

GIVING to CDN Cancer society and other such important groups...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:18)

• Admin

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
An open statement to canada's so called P.M.
miss.trudeau, I am disgusted that so many important groups must rely on ''donations'' from the general public, spending big dollars for advertisements on t.v. while you and your party ''donate'' to friends,countries who are sketchy and terrorists.... ya,i know,it was a couple years ago so you would like us all to forget ...well,guess what, it ain't gonna happen........time to keep ALL TAX PAYERS $$$$$$$$$$ IN KANADA !!!!!!

olympia

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
That is how ALL foreign aid should be doled out from Canada...let US decide where to send money and then give us tax deductions for it like any other charity. I guarantee the Palestinian authority would never get a dime from me if I had the choice.
So what do you know about that conflict Jim? I'm just curious.

olympia

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Ah, we head back to the GAZA STRIP / circa 1960s......:Doh!::Don't Go There:
The Palestinians share a similar story to others in the world whom had their land and resources taken from them, they were to live on a series of plots of land set aside just for them. They had to ask for permission to leave these plots of land, also others control the aid coming in and control how well their economy does. Jim does that remind you of anyone?

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Many might think I selfish and wrong, but I'm with CanuckShooter on this one.
I don't agree with our Canadian governments zest to 'keep up with the Jones'
and trying to be with the 'Big Boys' on the world stage. We have a small population
and our world help should reflect that...especially when we have so many in need here.
I look at my situation, and others in the same boat that have to wait long life altering
and sometimes fatal periods to receive critical medical treatments. Yes, I know other
countries don't have any near as good health care as we do, but we pay very high taxes,
both directly and indirectly for what we have and I'm a firm believer that you should look
after your own house first.

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
I guess my country would be the Jones. I also believe in keeping our $ at home and our noses out of other countries business. Our Jimmy Carter screwed the Palestinians with his camp David accord. Before that they were considered Israeli citizens. They could vote and travel al over Israel without restrictions. Historically Israel was not their homeland but the next country north was.thwirs.
Steve

olympia

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Oh im completely with you guys about keeping our money home and helping Canadians who legitimately need it. Im just making a point above to Jim about why that whole conflict is going on in the first place.

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
Reaction score
Oh im completely with you guys about keeping our money home and helping Canadians who legitimately need it. Im just making a point above to Jim about why that whole conflict is going on in the first place.

Terrorists...and it doesn't matter how you spin it the whole mess over there should be no concern of Canada's. While there may be some loose similarities between them and our FNs history there is a huge difference too. I don't see world governments sending billions to the Mohawks.....for example.

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
Many might think I selfish and wrong, but I'm with CanuckShooter on this one.
I don't agree with our Canadian governments zest to 'keep up with the Jones'
and trying to be with the 'Big Boys' on the world stage. We have a small population
and our world help should reflect that...especially when we have so many in need here.
I look at my situation, and others in the same boat that have to wait long life altering
and sometimes fatal periods to receive critical medical treatments. Yes, I know other
countries don't have any near as good health care as we do, but we pay very high taxes,
both directly and indirectly for what we have and I'm a firm believer that you should look
after your own house first.
Cheer-up, pop cans are now,like beer cans, 10cents..return !!!!! my wife just got $13 from the recycling depot! now we can eat for 5 more days !!!!!!
anyone have a good reciepe for turnips

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
I stream cubed turnip and serve with a dob of butter on occasion, but I normally
mash them like potatoes and mix them 50/50 in mashed potatoes, again with butter.

Top Bottom