Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

going fishing

robinhood

Nice job fellas, looks like you had a nice day on the water. I managed to sneak out for a few hours on a local lake yesterday for the first spring fish of the spring.

ianwuzhere

Long-Time Member
Lots of fish, it seems like all over they are a lil on the skinny side- 5 months under the ice doesn't fatten ya up a whole lot

Still lots of ice here, gonna be awhile yet before boats hit up the soft water

shuswapbear

Long-Time Member
Merv and I got out today on White lake we caught five, released 2 of them and kept 3.
20180422_111921.jpg

It was a great way to spend my birthday, thank you Merv.
Mine 8n my sink at home about 18".

20180422_145612.jpg

shuswapbear

Long-Time Member
Merv and I got out on White lake again today total of 7 to the boat. One for Merv.

Ty Merv for taking me out fishing theae last three weeks. I'm developing a real appreciation for trolling flies.

20180428_113729.jpg

And I caught about 6 and kept these 2
20180428_133539.jpg

Last edited:

mastercaster

This IS My Life
White Lake's fish are excellent table fare. If you can believe it back in the eighties there were fish up to 10 lbs, albeit, they were few and far between but there were lots of fish in the 4-5 lb. range. Considering they were mostly all wild fish at the time that remarkable. Now you're lucky if you can get one over three because there's so many fish in the lake (way over stocked) and the groceries aren't near as available as they were in the older days so they grow very slowly and tend to be on the skinny side. Those fish should be jammed full of chironomids this time of year.

N

NAHMINT

DANG, I MUST have a ''tape-worm''. !!!!!!! just had lunch, saw the fried fish AND I'M HUNGRY AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sure does look good !!!

mastercaster

This IS My Life
I forgot to ask if you happened to see my cousin up at White. He should be hitting the water daily now. He's over 75 and wears a NZ bush hat. He would have been anchored up deep lining chironomids. He's had a place up there for about 30 years and is the main guru of the lake. He's the author of the fly fishing book, The Gilly, the most sold book in the PNW on fly fishing.

Smokercraft

I forgot to ask if you happened to see my cousin up at White. He should be hitting the water daily now. He's over 75 and wears a NZ bush hat. He would have been anchored up deep lining chironomids. He's had a place up there for about 30 years and is the main guru of the lake. He's the author of the fly fishing book, The Gilly, the most sold book in the PNW on fly fishing.
Wow your cousin is the author of The Gilly!!! That’s pretty cool.

Top Bottom