Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Got anything stuffed at home??

BBBnRams

My man cave ...... Aka Hemmingways lodge. Ducks, pheasants, geese, Mnt goat, stone ram, Elk, BT and Mulie bucks, B bears, Bison , Yote, artic fox hides. Antlers antlers antlers. Many of the above mounted by myself, my pops and G ma.
my Man Cave .......
its my retreat to good times with family and friends, to many pics also.

Last edited:

mastercaster

This IS My Life

176 7/8 " My BEST - BIGGEST ever ! :good on ya: RJ
I haven't had anything mounted yet because I usually find what I consider a more important use for my money but with a deer like that I'd sure find a way to scrape up some extra cash somewhere. That's a beast, Jim!

The one and only mount I've ever had was when I won a free mount for shooting the largest pheasant in the Okanagan one season back in the early eighties. Wish I knew what happened to it. It would look good in my cabin/house up at the lake.

Finaddict

Long-Time Member
He's from Saskatchewan give him a break

:ROFL:
I have a buddy in Saskabush and he refers to them as horns as well. I am always correcting him and it has become a running joke between us. He says "Ya I know, I know....... ANTLERS!"

I love it and am jealous of their abundance of animals there.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
A very good friend took up taxidermy as a hobby while he was attending UBC to become a teacher.
He had a natural gift for producing both birds and mammals in properly proportioned and realistic
stances that looked extremely lifelike (similar to Jim's Brant) He did a Drake Mallard with wings extended
and a brace of Wigeon, one in flying mode and the other standing, for me as a favour for bringing him along
on many fishing trips while he struggled to pay for university. His work was of such accurate quality he could
have made a living at it. I brought him a full sized buck beaver that he did and donated to UBC around 1972-3.

wideopenthrottle

Long-Time Member
never had anything stuffed....never felt flush enough with cash to get anything mounted...I have always just cut the rack off but they just hang on nails.... I did a euro on my last WT buck but it just hangs from a nail in the garage as well

Jimmy the Prawn

The Prawn is On
Small house, low ceilings, so mine are banished to the stairwell. even demoed it to get the high ceiling for a few mounts. if I get my sheep this year the wall with the bear on it is coming out so I can mount some more stuff above the cougar where we can see it from the living room! Fingers crossed!! IMG_0822.jpg
(Theres also a book bear head in the basement FYI lol.)
JP

Top Bottom