Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Here's A Thought...

• Admin

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Who to vote for?? :What?:

Scheer? - just because he is against Trudeau's gun control policies?

Trudeau? - well, that's just a wasted vote and a vote for an apologetic government that is so inconsistent that it doesn't know where it stands.

Scheer has been likened to another Trump in that his stance on many, many issues is "what way is the wind blowing?" He also tells lies ans purports them to be truths - as in when he stated that the Libs were going to legalize all drugs. And that's just one of many....

Trudeau likes the limelight and will say or do anything that will get him perceived 'points' in the political polls. He paraded with climate protesters while ignoring the fact that he (and his gov't) bought a pipeline so that they could push through oil transportation and gain more pollster points..

Which one does a thinking person choose? They are all liars. They will all say anything to gain (and keep) power. They will all promise you whatever it takes to gain your vote - and then when it comes time to deliver on those promises they are long on excuses and short on delivery.

Beware the politician(s) for they are liars, cheats, and thieves.

olympia

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
All good points you have brought up. I'm interested to watch and see how much ground this People's Party will gain. I don't know much about them but they seem little too far right but at the same time haven't had a chance to prove if they are liars or not yet. I like Scheer because of his stance on firearms but the few lies that came out of mouth negate any warm fuzzy feelings I would have otherwise felt for him. Trudeau isn't even on the list of options this time around far as I'm concerned

Foxton Gundogs

END of TRAIL Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
I ill be to freaked out to sleep tonight. Thanks for the thought Savage. :Yikes!:

• Admin

Bow Walker

Reaction score
OH NO!! Not a minority government! :Don't Go There:

I know that I won't vote for a candidate just because of a stance on guns.....:mad:

Foxton Gundogs

Reaction score
What people fail to reason, or choose to ignore is even if the fringe candidate they cast their "protest vote" for is wasted even if the candidate wins a seat because tey will be in Ottawa sure but really what power do they have to get ANYTHING done for their constituents? NONE!!! Their elected representative will just be able to sit and bitch the same as any of us can do, but with their 1 or 2 members sitting all alone in the back have no clout to get anything done for the people that put them their. A lesson ALL Vancouver Islanders should have learned long ago but haven't yet.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
What people fail to reason, or choose to ignore is even if the fringe candidate they cast their "protest vote" for is wasted even if the candidate wins a seat because tey will be in Ottawa sure but really what power do they have to get ANYTHING done for their constituents? NONE!!! Their elected representative will just be able to sit and bitch the same as any of us can do, but with their 1 or 2 members sitting all alone in the back have no clout to get anything done for the people that put them their. A lesson ALL Vancouver Islanders should have learned long ago but haven't yet.
Yup...when has a private member's bill actually been passed, hmmmm!

Foxton Gundogs

Reaction score
You got it Dave, a paid holiday is what they get no work involved just sit and listen like a good dog.

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Trudeau Doubles Down on Deficit Spending in Bid to Retain Power

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, fighting for his political life three weeks away from an election, is seeking a second mandate from voters to increase the nation’s debt to deliver tax cuts and spending.

In a costed platform released Sunday, the incumbent Liberals detailed a C$57 billion ($43 billion) plan over four years -- worth about half a percent of annual gross domestic product -- and pledged to pay for it with fresh borrowing, should they retain power.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-29/trudeau-plans-deeper-deficits-if-he-wins-power-again-in-canada

olympia

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
I can't wait until this election is over, once Justin is gone so we can "pull the truck back out of the ditch" and as a bonus we dont have to hear about him on the news anymore. Maybe some nice Syrian family will take care of him.

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Young Canadians' love affair with Trudeau on shaky ground as election nears

OTTAWA/TORONTO — Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau may be renowned internationally for his youthful persona and social media savvy, but even before the embarrassment of his recent blackface makeup scandal there were concerns about the support he needs from younger voters to win re-election.

358win

THE WEATHERMAN
Reaction score
Here is my simple logic.
It's easy to get confused with all the topics that are being discussed.
Let's take one we know....Gun control.
All the candidates want gun control for two reasons.
1) They know it won't work but It get's them votes.
2) They don't UNDERSTAND it.

Except for Scheer.

Now...Who do you want to be in charge for all the OTHER decisions?

any questions?

olympia

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up Vic, I wish everyone across the country were on the same page as BC, I don't see why not. BC probably has the highest ratio of leaf lickers than any other other province...no?

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score

Head Lice

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Bow Walker, post: 347517 I do think that he has committed impeachable offences - but how to get it done......[/QUOTE]

Trudeau's behavior and lies have been accepted as normal by many citizens. Sad fact.
I'd like to see that smug pr!ck charged, convicted, and sentenced for something.

PortSide

Reaction score
The problem with voting is actually Canada. Accommodate one part of the country and enrage the other. Canada as we know it has become catastrophically impossible to govern. Ottawa governing BC in our interest is a dog that don't hunt (as we have seen if you own a fishing rod or gun) let alone tossing Alberta oil corp prison into the mix (whose corp execs just ripped off Albertans for massive bonus/salaries Suncor exec pilfered $15 million while paying Albertans 23% royalies vs the global average payout of 78% for oil). Ottawa is owned and controlled by banks/corps representing entrenched old money and their lobbyist corporations. No federal PM can run this country particularly now. We have stopped full to the axles on a muck bog. Meet any politician in a coffee shop somewhere and you would probably think ...nice person. They are attempting the impossible task of an impossible fact...the impossibility of putting a round peg in a square hole. Economics for BC is north south and same for Ontario, Alberta and the eastern provinces sitting atop US eastern states constitutionally stymied from pursuing mutual economic ties. Stop kidding ourselves and take BC out of federal power in court or referendum. Let the provinces run their own governance. Ottawa can fund our national hockey team (fund it ... not run it). For me.... Green (first time ever). As the Beatle song says.... "shake it up baby".

Last edited:

Foxton Gundogs

Reaction score
The problem with voting is actually Canada. Accommodate one part of the country and enrage the other. Canada as we know it has become catastrophically impossible to govern. Ottawa governing BC in our interest is a dog that don't hunt (as we have seen if you own a fishing rod or gun) let alone tossing Alberta oil corp prison into the mix (whose corp execs just ripped off Albertans for massive bonus/salaries Suncor exec pilfered $15 million while paying Albertans 23% royalies vs the global average payout of 78% for oil). Ottawa is owned and controlled by banks/corps representing entrenched old money and their lobbyist corporations. No federal PM can run this country particularly now. We have stopped full to the axles on a muck bog. Meet any politician in a coffee shop somewhere and you would probably think ...nice person. They are attempting the impossible task of an impossible fact...the impossibility of putting a round peg in a square hole. Economics for BC is north south and same for Ontario, Alberta and the eastern provinces sitting atop US eastern states constitutionally stymied from pursuing mutual economic ties. Stop kidding ourselves and take BC out of federal power in court or referendum. Let the provinces run their own governance. Ottawa can fund our national hockey team (fund it ... not run it). For me.... Green (first time ever). As the Beatle song says.... "shake it up baby".
Honest question here. What is your hope by voting Green, they want your guns they want federal parks all over, Weaver has already proved that they want to end hunting(despite telling a room full of people he was NOT against the G-bear hunt) he pushed for it's closure. Even if Green MP was elected in your riding please tell me what that will accomplish? A Green, NDP, and other fringe party MP, even if sent to Ottawa can do NOTHING for their constituents but sit in the back of the House and complain about what the government(any government) does with no power to actually do anything.
A vote for anyone but a Conservative is a vote for Turdow and firearm confiscation. Even if the Liberals win a minority you can bet the farm Green and NDP MPs WILL side with the Liberals in a firearm ban vote.

PortSide

Reaction score
Thanks IN. Well, the cons have a leader whose personal pillar is delusion ...a form of mental illness. A simple question about the rights of my daughter, sisters, wife friends and yours etc representing 50% of the earth's population is clear. They do not have the fundamental right to control their own bodies which pales in the face of fisher/hunter concerns (the latter of which we have a balance of power to counter not to mention courts and entreched constituitional rights). Remember the Harper Cons ombibus bills that would have privatized even the creeks on private land nationally and removed all encumbrances on industrial (read communist China economic ownership of Canada's west coast port industries and carte blanche shipping .... all being the big carrott offered the slave owning commies for Harpers permission to let Bejing buy out floundering tar sands companies i.e., Harper's lobbyists). I do not believe for a second that our hunting/fishing rights are dead dog at stake by voting Green. I hunt and fish with Greens as well as other sentiments. I want Green BECAUSE fishing and hunting is what I do. The excess of "anti" sentiment or bad economics as labelled within Green is non sense. No party can ignore the obvious of not shooting holes in the bottom of the political boat when you want to go fishing. If we do what we have always done by voting the show and dough cons/libs we will get what we've always got which is the destruction of a natural, massive gift which was this once province formerly deserving the title of super natural British Columbia. We are a train wreck due to these a-holes and it is time to shake up the team.... a strategy that happens everywhere in business and sports and it works. We got nothing to lose except the centuries old brainwashing of established money and power. There is a good reason that 26 billionaires now own 50% of world's wealth. When asked, one stated " ..same way big tobacco murdered and still murders people... public opinion is relentlessly indoctrinated because we rely on the masses of "useful idiots" as the key to the vault."

Foxton Gundogs

Reaction score
Well like I said there is no advantage to electing a fringe party MLA they have no power and when they are anti gun and hunting that makes it even worse for the legal gun owners of Canada . As far as abortion rights one man's belief does not law make. There are laws to protect a woman's right to choose and that can't be changed at the whim of 1 man, PM or not. So I stand by my statement a vote for a fringe party candidate IS a vote for the Liberals. Either we hang together or hang separately.

robert5

Reaction score
Well like I said there is no advantage to electing a fringe party MLA they have no power and when they are anti gun and hunting that makes it even worse for the legal gun owners of Canada . As far as abortion rights one man's belief does not law make. There are laws to protect a woman's right to choose and that can't be changed at the whim of 1 man, PM or not. So I stand by my statement a vote for a fringe party candidate IS a vote for the Liberals. Either we hang together or hang separately.
I can not agree more, there is only one vote that counts in this election,CONSERVITIVE .

CF8889

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Do I vote for the Cons, who will destroy our natural lands so that I have no true wilderness to hunt?

Or do I vote Liberal, who will put in laws so that I can't carry a gun to hunt the natural lands that I walk.

In other words, which foot do I shoot? Left or right?

God I hate politics.

CF8889

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Gonna have to agree to disagree. I don't see a single good outcome from this election. It's a loss in my mind, no matter who wins.

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Cons wont distroy the wilderness over night. Liberals WILL take your guns away over night
They'll try.....
image526590x.jpg

Gonna have to agree to disagree. I don't see a single good outcome from this election. It's a loss in my mind, no matter who wins.
I think you're right Jordan - no matter who gets in it'll be a crap show.......

Finaddict

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Honestly gents, I have to chuckle when I read all of these comments. The harsh cold reality is that it will NEVER matter who we vote for. All decisions are made in Quebec and Ontario and as much as they try really hard to suggest that the West matters, they truly only see us as a colony from which to extract as much money as possible in order to keep all their social programs going. It has been that way since confederation when they hurriedly built a railway to the West coast to quash the very real possibility that B.C. would join the U.S. This was further entrenched into Canadian society in 1957 with the introduction of equalization payments. In case you haven't noticed, since 1957 BC and Alberta have ALWAYS contributed to equalization payments and have NEVER received anything in return. You as a Westerner have always paid more in taxes than you have received back in benefits. We as taxpayers have forgotten that our tax dollars are to go to programs that we need AND should benefit from. It gets even more insulting. In 2018, B.C. contributed over 1.2 BILLION to equalization. In that same year, Ontario received 1.3 BILLION in equalization. All of this even though during that same period, Ontario's economy was growing at a rate much faster than B.C. and they had a GDP ( Gross Domestic Product) that was HIGHER per person than B.C.'s. That means that they were already making more money per person than B.C. was and they still received 1.2 Billion from B.C.

Do you see where I am going with this? There will never be any true and honest decisions made for the West until those decisions are made IN the West. As foreign of an idea as Western separation is to Western Canadians, there has been no other option that would better serve Western Canadians since confederation. Since the balance of power will NEVER shift out West, there never will be. Want to see our values of better protection of our wild places AND no further restrictions on guns and better focus on the criminal element? Get rid of the East. Because the harsh cold reality is that they truly do not give a sh*t what you think or how you vote............

Top Bottom