Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

hey JUSTACHIP,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:19)

• Admin

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
GOOD DAY,
drop in to the campfire and spin a tale or two,.
we really ARE a friendly bunch !!!! the t,n,o,f. crew

olympia

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
I don't have tale to spin. Just sitting here on the couch, kids have hijacked the tv. I'm trying to think of a place to do a dayhunt next week...thinking squamish up the ashlu valley or Pemberton. That's what spinning in my head right now. Not looking for any honey holes at all, but yeah so I'm looking for honey holes if you know of any lol. I know a place in the ashlu that holds does, so I'm hoping they are still there with an eager buck following them. I wouldn't mind a blacktail buck

Last edited:
  • Admin

NAHMINT II

Reaction score
greetings NOV,
I used to hunt that area when i lived in HORSESHOE BAY,. OWL CREEK rec area (Find it on google/squamish) the old road heading up to the MEAGER CREEK HOT SPRINGS. if you want to have a chance to pop some grouse, go up the MacKENZIE CUT in the pemberton valley.... JUST DON'T SHOOT ANY GEESE....the local natives believe their ancestor's spirits ride on their backs....... makes more sense to me than people in long robes and wings flying around playing harps and big Shyt eating grins !!! imho.

olympia

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, Glenn. Thanks for the info. I have checked out the Meagher area a few times. Always find bear sign, moose sign and cougar. At least one of each everytime I head out there. Very little deer prints though. I will definitely look for Owl Creek wreck area, I been studying tenquille lake just east of Pemberton meadows over a mountain. But yeah, definitely will look at owl creek

olympia

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Glenn I just checked out owl Creek area, funny cause I was looking at that yesterday. How are the locals there? They get territorial?

• Admin

NAHMINT II

Reaction score
Never had any issues, i did wake up one morning,slept in my little back pack tent ,about 7 a.m.
sitting on a log was a very ''large'' native... i said GOOD MORNING ... he just nodded, made coffee and asked him if he would like some or mabe some eggs...he said NO..... told him i was a friend of ALLEN SAGER ( chief) LOCAL BAND . he smiled and just left.......still can't figure it out. lol

Foxton Gundogs

END of TRAIL Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
[/QUOTE] JUST DON'T SHOOT ANY GEESE....the local natives believe their ancestor's spirits ride on their backs.......
[/QUOTE]

To late Glenn, there are already a chit pot FULL of the ancestors walking and I am partly responsible.

Biggyun68

Rainman
Reaction score
I don't have tale to spin. Just sitting here on the couch, kids have hijacked the tv. I'm trying to think of a place to do a dayhunt next week...thinking squamish up the ashlu valley or Pemberton. That's what spinning in my head right now. Not looking for any honey holes at all, but yeah so I'm looking for honey holes if you know of any lol. I know a place in the ashlu that holds does, so I'm hoping they are still there with an eager buck following them. I wouldn't mind a blacktail buck
I would push to Pemberton or perhaps head up to Birken - Lots of Grouse and the Deer will be down in the Valley along the Gates river where it widens out in the farms. Skyline road also has some promise: I scouted in there in August planning on going back but now I have too much work.
Black Lake - Birken Head road has Brown phase black bears but what out there are Grizzlies in there too... You are right on the Region 2 - 3 border

Top Bottom