Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Hiking boots

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

PortSide

Reaction score
Just got back in from a hike with my Christmas present ...Merrell Norsehund Omega hiking boots that says waterproof (WP) on the box.... puchased on Amazon.ca. They leak. I could not find a thread here about hunting boots most likely because I probably use the search feature wrong. So ... If anyone could suggest a hiking (hunting) boot that does not leak, is relatively light weight and not made in China ... please advise. They would hopefully be available on Amazon.ca so I could return the ones I got. I hunt usually in rubber boots but as you all know that is an uncomfortable way to hike in and I decided to find a comfortable pair of footwear. MANY thanks in advance.

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
I have a pair of Cabelas by Mendal so far no issues. I waterproof wit either Bear grease or a product called Coach-O-Line

PortSide

Reaction score
Meindl (I think you mean) ... awesome but too pricey for my budget ... thanks for the get back.

Buck Naked

Reaction score
Like my Columbia Bugaboot
wp lower because it is rubber , upper has wp parts but then they sew in a mesh nylon fabric tongue and they leak at the bottom of the laces, top of the toe box
what do they expect when sewing through wp fabrics, of course they leak

That Same spot is also where numerous pairs of Miendles eventually leak, top of the toes where the stitching is.

liking my Viking lace-up rubber boots better all the time

PortSide

Reaction score
They look overall ... leak proof. A mix of leather and mesh I do not believe is gonna be waterproof... re stitching BN's post.

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Remember that your feet can sweat up to a cup of sweat each day. If boots a sealed tight that moisture is trapped with your feet. I have 4 pair of merrill's and have been through many before the ones that I have.
Steve

sealevel

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
1545662044023.png best hiking boots made . when all the expensive leather boots have broken down your feet you will still be walking in these . i have worn these falling on side hills that would scare a goat hunter . amazing support . one of mt best friends was a timber cruiser and would get droped off by a helicopter and have to walk out . these were the only thing he would wear .

Reaction score
Sealevel, am I right to guess that is a Nokian boot ?

Ah, editing in, Google says yes. Euro Logger 2. Looks like Brushey's in the Canadian store.

PortSide

Reaction score
Ok SL ... I will check those out. Seems the exception to the rule of comfort for long hikes. Where can I see 'em?

... thanks

Top Bottom