Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

How much to pay for gate install

partsman

Reaction score
Have a guy hanging a 17 foot gate he Jeff it up to me hat to pay
I

Foxton Gundogs

END of TRAIL Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Depends on the system, it ain't rocket science. I can hang a farm gate in about an hour or less including removing the old gate. So $25?

KTownKiller

I like lofty heights & Roll'n Stones!!!
Reaction score
He may throw his hammer at ya if ya offer $25 bucks! Wages have gone up a bit, like to be fair, figure at least 50/hr. Maybe more for a small PITA job that screws up the dude's day. Figure travel time too, since it's so quick a job.

Foxton Gundogs

Reaction score
If that was the case for $50 I'd throw my hammer at him and do it myself. A on the side farm gate installation that's worth $50. I was being very generous at an hrs work. Not like it takes a journeyman, any farm kid with a drill, hammer and a couple of wrenches can do the job, ain't rocket science.

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
How long did it take him?
Did you give him lunch?
Did he have his own tools or did he use yours?
Did you help with the installation?
What's it worth to you to not have to do the job yourself?

Answer those questions and let them be your guide. I'd expect something in the order of $25 to $30 per hour would be sufficient.

Foxton Gundogs

Reaction score
Just for reference, I removed a 15'gate, straightened it and rehung it last week, took CC and I 1/2 an hr total.

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
was asked to do a job in the old mill in KAMLOOPS.....said i would require ''air fare......'' got the check (Cheque). filled my old 6 cyl. ford beater up, and drove to KAMMY !!!!!:Hi::Heh, heh, heh:

partsman

Reaction score
Well he had to remove old fence and old gates, had to remove a pile of dirt and crap I forgot about, he and his kid and wife helped as it was aan industrial size and weight gate with a large wheel on it, when I first picked it up to. Ring home it was almost too much for two of us to get to my trailer, he also fabricated the hardware to make it work,
Used all his own tools and stuff,
Ended up we paid him 200 bucks, which surprised him but wife was happy as right now I am unable to see well or even try to do much

Top Bottom