Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

If you could bring one person to this site...who?

A LITTLE LATE TOO,BUT
ELMER KEITH.........if there is a ''happy hunting ground'' I know he will be sitting with another good brother BIG JAY Gibson.....
brought FLYING COLLIE, JOHNIV AND ''STEVE'' GUNSELLER up here.....3 fine gentlemen...and like a HAWKEN GUN, you can't go no better....... NAHMINT, ................................a.k.a.Wasatch Charlie

Real or fictional??

I'd like to talk to and hear from a few...
The Loan Arranger - er, I mean the Lone Ranger.
Walt Disney
Winston Hibler
Eliphalet Remington
Samuel Colt
Oliver Winchester

Heyblast

A different character for sure.
However I will not say anything about a man that is not here to defend himself nor take credit.
Your correct and I don't mean to be nasty, he is always polite and some of his post can be quite good but most of them drive me nuts.

BC30cal

Long-Time Member
David Crockett. He was supposed to be an exceptional hunter but more important he was a great story teller.
Foxton;
Good morning once again to you sir, I hope you're still doing as okay as you were earlier!

Having stood on the spot where most historians believe David Crockett died, I will admit to being an admirer of his as far as I can learn.

He was indeed a product of his times in some ways, but a much more interesting one than average I'd opine.

All the best to you all again Foxton.

Dwayne

mastercaster

This IS My Life
I need to think about this for a sec. Probably Jennifer Lawrence,,,,,,I have my reasons.

And other than those reasons, she's a WHOLE lot better with a bow than I am!

Thread starter #21

olympia

Long-Time Member
Hal Waugh . . . .
1st Master Guide of Alaska.
Guided for the biggest of the big bears.
If you can find this book . . . . worth the read.
Read that a couple years ago. He was mostly a bear guide right? If it's the same book I'm thinking I was amazed when they talked about rifles it was mostly 30-06 and 300 win mag with 180 partitions used on even the big bears. No steroid induced rum's or weatherbys.

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./CERTIFIED GOOSE PIG 2016..... Cedar BC
Clayton Mac would be a fun guy to talk to
He's gotta couple of fun books to read

When I was in Bella Coola in the early 80s, visiting the old game warden Tony Karup (who had one of my springer's grandam) I met Clayton. The one thing I remember is he was a huge proponent of a 12 ga slug gun for bear backup.

Thread starter #25

olympia

Long-Time Member
He was a fan of the .375/.378 Weatherby and the Model 70 . . .
Yes I recall that part, but most of his clients seemed to have 30 Cal's, I remember the 375 being his favorite because I borrowed the book off of whiskeyjack and he used to rib me about my 338 since he has a 375 h&h. I remember one specific story in that book about a massive bear being taken and dying almost instantly with a 30-06 180 grain partition. It's been a bit since I read that book.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
As a local historian and old school fly fisherman, I would bring forth Charlie Miller,
a fellow who was like a grandfather to me as well as a good friend. He wrote books
about the Fraser Valley and mountains during the days before and during the building
of the Ruskin and Stave Falls Dams.

Turnagain

Willy442 and Devilbear....there would never be a dull moment on here!
Never heard of either of those guys. HBC members? Some of them are purty cool...hunter1947, Weatherby fan, adriactum, ourea, pemby mess lol now I'm typing too much
They were a couple of rednecks on HBC.
Willy’s gone over the big mountain now but Devilbears still kicking around under a new handle.
They both spent a lot of time being banned for saying what was on their minds and a lot of what they said was right....just not politically correct in the HBC circle.
I miss old Willy’s posts...he was an old school guide from an old time outfitting family....he probably had more knowledge and concern for wildlife & wildplaces than any 6 of his opponents combined.
Life’s a game of sheep & wolves....the wolf that runs alone and on his own is viewed with scepticism or dislike....everyone wants to pet a sheep or be petted.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
They were a couple of rednecks on HBC.
Willy’s gone over the big mountain now but Devilbears still kicking around under a new handle.
They both spent a lot of time being banned for saying what was on their minds and a lot of what they said was right....just not politically correct in the HBC circle.
I miss old Willy’s posts...he was an old school guide from an old time outfitting family....he probably had more knowledge and concern for wildlife & wildplaces than any 6 of his opponents combined.
Life’s a game of sheep & wolves....the wolf that runs alone and on his own is viewed with scepticism or dislike....everyone wants to pet a sheep or be petted.
What you say has a lot of merit....but I really hate domestic sheep with a passion!

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./CERTIFIED GOOSE PIG 2016..... Cedar BC
And wool clothing :Oh Yeah!:
Funny story. When I first started breeding trialing Spaniels my mentor was a fine old gentleman A.E. Ewan McMillan. When we visited one day we were invited to stay for dinner. Lamb stew. I HATE sheep meat with a passion, to me it tastes like the fat off a rutting old mule deer. But being a politeguest I said how good it was. :Yikes!: ever after when we would stop there Kay Ewan's wife would say "I've made your favorite Lamb Stew. Sometimes it really does not pay to tell the truth.

:stinky:

Who was the real life character that Robert Redford played when he portrayed a newbie going up into the mountains to trap for a living?

I'd like to talk with that guy - and also the guy that lured a grizz into the cabin with Robert.......

Westerday

CERTIFIED REDNECK
Who was the real life character that Robert Redford played when he portrayed a newbie going up into the mountains to trap for a living?

I'd like to talk with that guy - and also the guy that lured a grizz into the cabin with Robert.......

Jerimiah Johnson, I can't remember the other Grizz guy, maybe Grizzly Adams or Jim Bridger

Top Bottom