Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Jody Gives Them HELL!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:19)

Head Lice

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Has the Liberal Govt./SNC Lavalin fiasco reached the 'point of no return' for Justin Trudeau ?
Can those chronic underachievers in Ottawa bounce back to form another Federal Govt. ?
Would really enjoy seeing Justin Trudeau stay-on as PM, and pull that whole gang of carpetbaggers down with him.
Have never seen Canada under stress as it is now.
Justin Trudeau is a traitor.

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Back-room politics.... a fact of life for every government.

Just because nothing "illegal" was done some say to "let it go and move on" thereby condoning that way of governing the country. It's a slippery slope to start on, when you let huge corporations dictate how the government should be run and what policies they should or should not enact. Corporations are interested in one thing and one thing only - the bottom line, profits, making money.

Finaddict

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Back-room politics.... a fact of life for every government.

Just because nothing "illegal" was done some say to "let it go and move on" thereby condoning that way of governing the country. It's a slippery slope to start on, when you let huge corporations dictate how the government should be run and what policies they should or should not enact. Corporations are interested in one thing and one thing only - the bottom line, profits, making money.
posted at 4:40 a.m.? Late night party night, Matt?

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
We have been suffocated for the last three weeks or so with their new pseudo-slogan: “this government will always value jobs and respect for the rule of law.” The line goes on – we only did, what we did, if we did it, because there were 9,000 jobs at stake if SNC-Lavalin faced criminal prosecution. (Never mind that the 9,000 figure has been deeply discounted.)

The irony here, the discrepancy between their response to the devastation of the Canadian energy industry, and a perceived threat to one company (with an extremely dubious record) in Quebec, is massive. And so it was noted. A comparatively few jobs in one region and the full power and machinery of the Canadian government goes into high gear, and potentially even illegal behaviour, while a continuous, far more extensive economic crisis, gets virtually ignored.

https://theorca.ca/resident-pod/rex-murphy-jobs-since-when/

Vic

Reaction score
If an election were held tomorrow, Trudeau would receive only 31 per cent of the decided popular vote — down three points from a couple of weeks ago — while Conservative Party Leader Andrew Scheer would receive 40 per cent...

https://globalnews.ca/news/5021267/trudeau-approval-rating-snc-lavalin-wilson-raybould/
Public opinion polls not always a good indication of the final vote but a good sign but its still early but in politics things can change very rapidly. Bear in mind that a lot of rural liberals won by slim margins and the scandal and back lash from the gun owners could be a disaster for them.

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Related, albeit tangentially...

The next battle in the criminal case of Vice-Admiral Mark Norman will be over redactions to memos written by senior government bureaucrats — especially a 60-page memo from Privy Council Clerk Michael Wernick to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau that has been entirely blacked out.

Norman’s lawyer, Marie Henein, told an Ottawa court Thursday that the government redacted the memo claiming solicitor-client privilege, prompting the judge to point out that Wernick is not a lawyer.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/mark-normans-lawyers-seeking-access-to-60-page-fully-redacted-memo-michael-wernick-wrote-to-justin-trudeau

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
SNC-Lavalin: Committee releases texts, secret recording of Wernick from Jody Wilson-Raybould

VERY Interesting Listen!!

https://ourcommons.azureedge.net/data/ConversationJWRandWernick-e.m4a?fbclid=IwAR15qiL_Ub1f1W-74-tKWsJNKkk9UjmbQgQxQrB_9mF2bn4xPuPc-d7r0Nk

BREAKING: Jody Wilson-Raybould’s secret recordings and documents released

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/breaking-jody-wilson-rayboulds-secret-recordings-and-documents-released/

LOTS of Warnings. LOTS of obvious lies from Wernick's previous statements!!

You Go Girl!!

Nog

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
I have no reason to believe that the recording is fabricated so it will be very interesting to see
what comes of it's release to the public over the next few days. It seemed perfectly clear to me
that JW-R was most certainly taking the high road, was aware of the consequences of doing so,
and still had the integrity to stand by her decision.

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Rumor suggests they will in-caucus vote as to whether Jodi and the other Gal will be allowed to remain in the liberal party.
Next Wednesday if the rumor is true...

Interesting times indeed! small wink

Cheers,
Matt

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Rumor suggests they will in-caucus vote as to whether Jodi and the other Gal will be allowed to remain in the liberal party.
Next Wednesday if the rumor is true...

Interesting times indeed! small wink

Cheers,
Matt
If they toss her and others it will (in my eyes) be an admission of guilt, of covering up, and also down right arrogance. The arrogance part is not in question whether or not she stays or gets tossed.

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
You never know which way the wind blows on such matters as the voting public has a very
short memory and can be bought with all manner of baubles, fear mongering and distractions.
Just look at whats happened across the line...
At any rate, I hope with all my heart the voters turf 'Mr Dressup' so far even the Inuit and the
best trackers in the Indigenous community he's been sucking up to can't find him.

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
like his father, just how much MORE damage will he and his troupe of Miss -fits accomplish Before he moves to the AGA KHAN's island home.....

Last edited:

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
One must realize that JWR is carefully responding in a way that her recording will favour her
should push come to shove...which it has. I have no illusions that she would have discussed
the situation in a different manner if she thought the conversation wasn't being taped.

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
Reaction score
One must realize that JWR is carefully responding in a way that her recording will favour her
should push come to shove...which it has. I have no illusions that she would have discussed
the situation in a different manner if she thought the conversation wasn't being taped.
That is most likely the case, a lawyer of her stature would talk differently with friends than they would with 'business' associates. Years back I spent quite of bit of time with high level lawyers that represented the Metis National Council in a lot of legal matters and when we talked 'personally' about our Constitution, Section 35 and rights and the law in general they had some pretty interesting ways of explaining how things work when answering my questions. That was a great life and educational experience for me.

Bow Walker

Reaction score
At the time of her recording that conversation I'm willing to bet a lot that she was well aware of "the writing on the wall"

She started right then and there to C.Y.A.

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Jody Wilson-Raybould and Jane Philpott kicked out of Liberal Party caucus

He said the decision to remove Wilson-Raybould and Philpott from caucus was necessary because the Liberal Party couldn’t afford in-fighting ahead of the federal election.

“The old Liberal Party was notorious for in-fighting,” said Trudeau. “My leadership was a commitment to change that.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5123526/liberal-caucus-wilson-raybould-jane-philpott/

Nog

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
... while hardcore Liberal partisans will undoubtedly cheer the removal of the two former star cabinet ministers, another subset of Canadians – those who have yet to hear a convincing explanation from Mr. Trudeau over his dealings with Ms. Wilson-Raybould – will be left wondering if he isn’t simply trying to cover his tracks...

The Liberals were the ones who ran on the proposition that “better is always possible.” Now it seems like they might not clear even the low bar set by the Republicans who have enabled the powerful miscreant south of the border...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-by-removing-wilson-raybould-and-philpott-from-caucus-trudeau-has/

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Jody Wilson-Raybould and Jane Philpott kicked out of Liberal Party caucus

He said the decision to remove Wilson-Raybould and Philpott from caucus was necessary because the Liberal Party couldn’t afford in-fighting ahead of the federal election.

“The old Liberal Party was notorious for in-fighting,” said Trudeau. “My leadership was a commitment to change that.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5123526/liberal-caucus-wilson-raybould-jane-philpott/

Nog
Was that not meant to be in the JOKE FORUM Matt.

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Yet it is exactly that sort of leader-dominated, centralized politics that created this mess. Only a leader who was effectively accountable to no one could have so lost sight of the relevant ethical boundaries as to attempt to shut down a prosecution — for any reason, let alone the nakedly partisan purposes alleged. Only a leader surrounded by sycophants could have imagined that the past seven weeks of denial, deflection and smears could succeed in rescuing his reputation.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/andrew-coyne-liberals-accomplish-nothing-but-vindictiveness-for-vindictivenesss-sake

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score

“Once again Mr. Trudeau has demonstrated his arrogance and did absolutely the worst thing he could possibly do. There’s going to be an enormous backlash across the country in terms of Indigenous people,” Phillip said.

“I think it’s pretty much the death knell of reconciliation. I think it’s dead in the water.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/5124138/bc-reaction-trudeau-wilson-raybould/

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
And so, you will end like all cults do: You will go down with your leader. You will perish with him, and you all richly deserve it.

Because voters understand — as they did at the end of The Oxbow Incident — that justice is all that keeps us from devolving into a lynch mob.

Which, as I say, you all resemble quite a bit.

And for which you will all pay.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/kinsella-liberal-party-has-morphed-into-a-cult

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
Reaction score
And so, you will end like all cults do: You will go down with your leader. You will perish with him, and you all richly deserve it.

Because voters understand — as they did at the end of The Oxbow Incident — that justice is all that keeps us from devolving into a lynch mob.

Which, as I say, you all resemble quite a bit.

And for which you will all pay.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/kinsella-liberal-party-has-morphed-into-a-cult
Not to mention the $10.5 million he gave to the terrorist Kadhar....or the billions he has been pledging all over the world. I think they far underestimate the error they made in ejecting those two prominent women.

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Top Bottom