Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Let's see your hunting toys

Finaddict

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Just changed up the suspension in the singer sewing machine. Pulled out the spring spacers and put in an AE" full suspension lift. Better travel, better ride.20190814_145118 (1).jpg20190814_145049 (4).jpg New brakes, exhaust, fuel tank, springs, struts and shocks, new track bars, 3rd member and diff drop brackets. new lights wired in, back up lights, etc. Got to love the retired life.

Last edited:

robert5

Reaction score
Just changed up the suspension in the singer sewing machine. Pulled out the spring spacers and put in an AE" full suspension lift. Better travel, better ride.View attachment 19674View attachment 19675 New brakes, exhaust, fuel tank, springs, struts and shocks, new track bars, 3rd member and diff drop brackets. new lights wired in, back up lights, etc. Got to love the retired life.
Nice rig, I get a lot of enjoyment out of my old sidekick, has 2" BDS LIFT ON 30x9:50-15"

Reaction score
That's one of those fancy new bluetooth spare tires?

I've got a couple options, an '85 bw200:

Or this one, a 92 4runner, that I built bumpers and sliders for, and put a hot rod warn 8274 in, and a solid steel front skid plate, and upgraded rad, cut off the rotten rear suspension and put in heavier leafs to carry all my camping gear comfortably, a rear locker, and a few other doodads and thingies to make it more comfortable. Still an underpowered 4cylinder slushbox with over 500,000km on it though.

moosecamp

The only place to be...
Reaction score
Just changed up the suspension in the singer sewing machine. Pulled out the spring spacers and put in an AE" full suspension lift. Better travel, better ride.View attachment 19674View attachment 19675 New brakes, exhaust, fuel tank, springs, struts and shocks, new track bars, 3rd member and diff drop brackets. new lights wired in, back up lights, etc. Got to love the retired life.
That spare on the back isn't going to do you much good.

robert5

Reaction score
That's one of those fancy new bluetooth spare tires?

I've got a couple options, an '85 bw200:

Or this one, a 92 4runner, that I built bumpers and sliders for, and put a hot rod warn 8274 in, and a solid steel front skid plate, and upgraded rad, cut off the rotten rear suspension and put in heavier leafs to carry all my camping gear comfortably, a rear locker, and a few other doodads and thingies to make it more comfortable. Still an underpowered 4cylinder slushbox with over 500,000km on it though.

Nice 4Runner, once had a BW 200----great bike! You said hot rod 8274, what did you do to it?

Reaction score
Nice 4Runner, once had a BW 200----great bike! You said hot rod 8274, what did you do to it?
Upgraded motor and contactor instead of solenoids. I got the motor from a local electrical shop, stock is I believe 2hp, I run a 4.5, there is also a....maybe 8hp motor available. Whatever the highest one is, it is stupid fast, but after you let off the trigger it still sucks in another 5 or 6 feet of line...even with a 6500lb rig hanging from it.
The contactor was from Canadawinch.com. Eliminates the solenoid pack, and is a smaller package, easier to remote mount. Mine is on the inner fender, and the plug for the controller is in the grill.

robert5

Reaction score
Upgraded motor and contactor instead of solenoids. I got the motor from a local electrical shop, stock is I believe 2hp, I run a 4.5, there is also a....maybe 8hp motor available. Whatever the highest one is, it is stupid fast, but after you let off the trigger it still sucks in another 5 or 6 feet of line...even with a 6500lb rig hanging from it.
The contactor was from Canadawinch.com. Eliminates the solenoid pack, and is a smaller package, easier to remote mount. Mine is on the inner fender, and the plug for the controller is in the grill.
Thanks for the reply!

Top Bottom