Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Liberals Looking At Full Ban on Handguns and "Assault Weapons"

Thread starter #1

Slinky Pickle

Long-Time Member
This isn't good boys and girls. Time to make ourselves heard.

https://pm.gc.ca/eng/minister-borde...crime-reduction-mandate-letter-august-28-2018

• Support the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness on the passage of Bill C-71, and work together on additional policy, regulations or legislation that could reduce crime involving the use of firearms and keep Canadians safe. You should lead an examination of a full ban on handguns and assault weapons in Canada, while not impeding the lawful use of firearms by Canadians.

Trinity

You want em..............l got em...............your move! Nope, not doing it, now what? Same thing that happened in '94 when they threatened us with 10 years incarceration for a paper crime? The govt of the day was aware then how many Canucks didn't register and wisely choose not to push the matter. This is a healthy fear every govt should have of the people they represent.

Bill BLAIR would like nothing more than to disarm us all !!!!
Then we become ''ruled by the crown''.
just saying''we want to ban handguns and semi autos'' should cause everyone to wake -up and take notice.........what next, your vehicles,then its WHERE YOU ARE PERMITTED to travel!!!
hey, sounds like Europe in WW2......
YOUR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS !!!!!

So ,if the libs don't get re-elected, the NEXT TIME they get it,it will all start over again......

wonder how much the old house in PORT CHARLOTTE Florida would cost to buy back....

Ralf is and always been a puppet of WHOMEVER is his master.....
Bill Blair gives me the creeps....... Personally I think he needs to be examined by a panel of HEAD DOCTORS........made up of ALL political parties..... miss dress-up, he's just planning his retirement, RALF is headed back to his ''farm'' BUT B.B. is the wild card who is in the p.ms ear......
made a bit of a fool of himself in SURREY....

For some unknown reason we - as Canadians - seem to have an irrational fear or aversion to handguns and/or concealable weapons...

Where does that come from? Certainly not from our frontier heritage.... :What?:

mabe the feds could sue Smith & Wesson / Glock......just like HORGAN is doing with the drug companies :Maybe: makes as much sense......hell, THEY were RESPONSIBLE for 1399 overdose deaths ,here in B.C.(so we are told )
UUMMMMM? is that not a lot more deaths than all handgun deaths IN ALL of KANADA last year :What?: something seems a little:stinky: here. political:Na-ahh::Don't Go There: naw ,missy dressup and the other 2 would not try to fool Canadians with untruths............would they?

gunseller

I try to stay out of political discussion for Canada. From what I see from down here and what gets tried down here people safety has nothing to do with firearms restrictions. Down here where firearms are the easiest to get and carry are the safest. Firearms restrictions have more to do with dictatorship 101. He with the guns makes the rules.
Steve

stevo911

Long-Time Member
The big question for you guys is, who else is thinking of buying a stripped AR lower receiver as a cheap way to get grandfathered if anything stupid happens?
I've already got a semi-auto pistol so I'm covered on that front.
(I know of a fellow who has stripped tokarev frames if you want to have a "pistol" registered to you on paper for under 100 bucks)

olympia

Long-Time Member
It's like the SOB's want to keep poking good people till their's a Civil War..............crazy ?? Hmmm , people only take so much........
There's documentaries on YouTube of home gun makers in the Phillipines and Pakistan...look em up on YouTube. It seems criminals will always find a way to buy, steal, smuggle, make or trade for guns. Damn!!! If I was a doctor I'd prescribe Canada at least two terms of conservative govt. And then a check up to see where we are.

Walter

Long-Time Member
While dummy Toronto Mayor John Tory is celebrating after reading a section on the "proposed" handgun ban that appeared in Bill Blairs mandate letter ;
[" You should lead an examination of a full ban on handguns and assault weapons in Canada , while not impeding the lawful use of firearms By Canadians"]

Not everyone is quite so dense , such as Mike McCormack , the president of the Toronto Police Association. The man is sensible , experienced and stated the following :
" There's no way in my world or any world i know that this would have an impact on somebody who's going to go out and buy an illegal
gun and use it to kill another person or shoot another person "

Refreshing to see there not ALL idiots.

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
"There's no way in my world or any world I know that this would have an impact on somebody who's going to go out and buy an illegal gun and use it to kill another person or shoot another person," Mike McCormack, the president of the Toronto Police Association, said Friday.

Instead, McCormack would rather see more resources poured into policing and social services.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/handgun-ban-blair-toronto-police-union-1.4807778

Now here's a Cop who "Gets It"! :Oh Yeah!:

Cheers,
Nog

BC30cal

Long-Time Member
"There's no way in my world or any world I know that this would have an impact on somebody who's going to go out and buy an illegal gun and use it to kill another person or shoot another person," Mike McCormack, the president of the Toronto Police Association, said Friday.

Instead, McCormack would rather see more resources poured into policing and social services.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/handgun-ban-blair-toronto-police-union-1.4807778

Now here's a Cop who "Gets It"! :Oh Yeah!:

Cheers,
Nog
IronNoggin;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day is treating you well and you're getting all the northern hunt details sorted out too.

Over the years I've had been friends with or at least known reasonably well quite a few LEO. Only one I would call anything close to a "gun person" by the way, the rest view them as tools of the trade for the most part - a DeWalt, Milwaukee, Makita - type of debate in my world of the building trades.

Anyway one of them started his career working downtown Winnipeg 25 years or more ago, then went to Delta - I want to say Ladner was his beat then, and finally to Abbotsford PD where among other things he was a major crimes investigator.

During one of our far too few visits over the years, I asked him if he ever recalled seeing a registered restricted firearm used in a crime. He replied, "Not stolen?" and I said no, used by the lawful owner who had jumped through all the legal hoops to own it and then decided to become Dillinger one clear afternoon for whatever reason.

Of course his reply was, "No, never". He then added, "As a rule we don't worry about you rednecks. Even if you've got firearms in the vehicle and are mad at the world, you guys might want a scrum, but wouldn't think of pulling out the firearm"

I used to cowboy with a chap who was the Sargent down in Oliver RCMP for years - sadly he's passed at way, way too young an age - and he said more or less the same thing. They don't worry about the hunters and members of the local rod and gun clubs.

For me personally, the most vexing thing about the current situation is both the top LEO brass, media and politicians steadfast refusal to ACTUALLY STATE what and who the problem people are. It's not like everyone doesn't know that the vast majority of the criminal activity is gang related. Yes there are some ethnic groups who are more represented than others in this activity too - I mean when is the last time you heard about Norwegian gangs for instance?

But we're in this loop of "truth telling" where we can do anything but........

If I thought for one moment that giving up the restricted arms I've legally possessed since I was 18 - so 38 years now - would help, I'd consider it, honestly I would. But everyone who is HONEST with themselves, like McCormack is, knows that I am not currently, was never and never will be the problem here.

Sorry for the long winded - long fingered???? - response sir, I do believe I'll go rake the Ponderosa Pine needles off the yard now to take out my frustration on!! :yeah, right:

All the best to you folks this fall, good luck on your hunts and safe travels to and from.

Dwayne

Last edited:

Riverbc

Long-Time Member
Just a heads up that the Merriam Webster Dictionary conveniently changed it's definition of Assault Rifle, March 31, 2018

[ur]https://www.change.org/p/correct-the-merriam-webster-definition-of-assault-rifle-assault-weapon[/URL]

Assault Rifle: “any of various intermediate-range, magazine-fed military rifles (such as the AK-47) that can be set for automatic or semiautomatic fire; also : a rifle that resembles a military assault rifle but is designed to allow only semiautomatic fire”

ruger#1

Private Member
Just a heads up that the Merriam Webster Dictionary conveniently changed it's definition of Assault Rifle, March 31, 2018

[ur]https://www.change.org/p/correct-the-merriam-webster-definition-of-assault-rifle-assault-weapon[/URL]

Assault Rifle: “any of various intermediate-range, magazine-fed military rifles (such as the AK-47) that can be set for automatic or semiautomatic fire; also : a rifle that resembles a military assault rifle but is designed to allow only semiautomatic fire”
Just posted this on other sites. Thank You.

its POLITICAL-its ALWAYS been POLITICAL- it will ALWAYS be POLITICAL.......
and the ''ignorant to the facts about guns'' will ALWAYS EAT IT UP.
the people like B#LL ShhT Bill Blair will always be in the liberal line up to advance their political careers...... big game to them......big$$$$$$$$$$$ when they retire....
AND plenty of perks to retire somewhere warm while the rest of us freeze or turn green from the rain........

Vic

Heard on the news yesterday that Blair is now going to be taking a task force across the country to listen to the people and get their views on gun ownership and control. Be interesting to see who shows up.

Heard on the news yesterday that Blair is now going to be taking a task force across the country to listen to the people and get their views on gun ownership and control. Be interesting to see who shows up.
I
I would suggest ANYONE who gets a chance to go to one of the meetings, Best wear your SUNDAY BESTS !!!!!! show up in camo and I guarantee you won't get past the lines of undercover cops !!!!
BUT we ALL know its just lip service !!!!!!!!!

if they do,it will be somewhere on the very southern tip of the island........
PORT ALBERNI, C.R., SAYWARD, PORT McNEILL,HARDY..........PROBABLY NO FRIKKEN WAY !!!

ruger#1

Private Member
A copy and paste from the other site I am on.

Handgun ban policy notes
I have heard from 3 people in Ottawa that deal with ministerial and senior staff on policy.

The handgun ban agenda is very real and very dangerous. The intent is to prohibit their importation and sale within the first 6 months and then a scaled classification of grandfathering. They also intend to drop new new rules/laws on semi automatic rifles while everyone is already outraged over the handgun bans.

Bill Blair, Goodale and Trudeau have never been more dangerous than they are now. Do NOT discount the threat posed by people like Gerry Butts either.

My advice is to get extremely loud and vocal. Liberal MP’s in rural communities are exceptionally vulnerable to lobbying efforts.​

Walter

Long-Time Member
Sent the MP for Brooks , Strathmore [ Martin Shields ] an email voicing my concern AND what is his position on the proposed Laws AND what is he doing for gun owners. If i do not here back today i'll be phoning till i get him.

Top Bottom