Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Malinois or Malinois x's

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:16)

olympia

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Who here is into Sheperd type dogs? Just brought into my family a 9 week old Malinois/American pitbull x. She just loves the kids. Seems to be a quick learner. I have owned dogs before such as a gsd,pitbull, Rottweiler but there seems to be something special about her. She is my 1st female dog, do you see a difference in behaviour in the two sexes?

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
We have had dogs in the family for almost all of my life. Our preference is for females, spayed females - simply because they are usually calmer and they do not go out into the yard and pee all over the trees, shrubs, or plants. They squat, rather than lift their leg.

We have been getting 'rescued' dogs for the past while and we have loved them all.

Redneck

Reaction score
Sounds like a good dog. Bully breeds benefit from the addition of a double coated breed. Should be a super trainable dog, two very smart breeds with strong drives to please the boss!

Differences between sexes...

My dog was a male, 85lbs of drooling lap dog blue pitbull. Most of my friends have dogs, from my sister's chihuahua to a 100mile house rez wolf dog, other bull breeds, a coyote cross, mini american eskimo, rotties... a wide range of flavours.
In my experience, males are more predictable. The ones who are dickheads are dickheads. The cuddle monsters are always cuddle monsters. The ones who get along well with any dog always seem to, and the ones who need to be introduced properly, it's always the same.

The females though, are a little more...snappy. Less overt body language, less predictable. They are more willing to accept their place in the world compared to the males who feel the need to rooster up....the smaller they are, the more they feel the need!

Last edited:

Redneck

Reaction score
You will soon know where she urinates, dead spots on the grass
will tell you where.
I've heard this said about female dogs, but my male also nuked the grass. He's been gone since mid April and it's still pretty spotty in his "it's raining and I'm at the edge of the lawn, no need to travel further" pee spots, despite seeding, raking, watering, etc.

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
I have one male and 5 females the bitches keep the lawn from growing and the male "weed eats" the fence line lol

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Nov, you have obviously never owned a sizeable pack. You think goats will eat anything lol What they don't kill by peeing on the will eat, they sure keep the ground fall apples under control lol

Top Bottom