Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

May Meeting of the Old Fart, Bullshooters, Liars and Redneck association, NEW "MEMBERS" WELCOME.

• Admin

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
OK Cinco De Mayo(May 5th) it will be. My place, PM for address and directions. Start gathering about noon. BYOB and a dish, Fried Halibut and Baked Beans will be provided. If the weather is bad we have lots of room inside. For anyone in need we have a QS and single bed in the house as well as a double in the 5th Wheel. Bring a + 1(guest) if so desired(We have LOTS of Halibut)

NEW "MEMBERS" ALWAYS WELCOME

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
I could send over my touring bicycle complete with panniers, mini tent,
and all the other necessary equipment needed. You might be able to get
here in time for next year's gathering, lol!

Bow Walker

SGT MAJOR IN DUMBELDORE'S ARMY.
Reaction score
If I peddled me fat arse across this fine land of ours I would certainly NEED a great meal at the end of the journey.

I'd be the skinniest Olde Pharte you ever saw on a bike....

naked-old-man-rides-motorcycle.jpg

• Admin

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
1/2 way between Ladysmith and Namaimo harbors. 15 min or so from either.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Well, it looks like I might be able to attend a May 5th gathering.
They found a couple more tumours inside me today but won't be taking them out until the 30th.
I was hoping to try and put together a gathering somewhere in the valley but they have me slated
for weekly treatments through at least June and July which apparently will knock me down a bit.
Not sure how I'm going to pull it off yet with having to commute between Mission and VGH.

Bow Walker

SGT MAJOR IN DUMBELDORE'S ARMY.
Reaction score
Good that you can attend Dave. :Oh Yeah!:

Is there anyone you might be able to stay with in town? Failing that - is there some sort of a recovery room that you could use until you're ready to make the journey home?

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Good that you can attend Dave. :Oh Yeah!:

Is there anyone you might be able to stay with in town? Failing that - is there some sort of a recovery room that you could use until you're ready to make the journey home?
I've got plenty of time to work out the best options, but I likely will just hang around the hospital
until I feel I can make the trip home. I might be able to get a brother that lives nearby to stay at
my place to care for my dog so that I can be gone for most of the day.
The main problem is in dealing with the toxic chemicals when I have to pee which I likely will have
to do a few times during the 2 hour drive home. They have to be neutralized with bleach and any
contaminated urine has to be washed off anything, including exposed flesh, with soap and water
which is a bit of a challenge while driving on the freeway...talk about distracted driving, lol!

robert5

Reaction score
I've got plenty of time to work out the best options, but I likely will just hang around the hospital
until I feel I can make the trip home. I might be able to get a brother that lives nearby to stay at
my place to care for my dog so that I can be gone for most of the day.
The main problem is in dealing with the toxic chemicals when I have to pee which I likely will have
to do a few times during the 2 hour drive home. They have to be neutralized with bleach and any
contaminated urine has to be washed off anything, including exposed flesh, with soap and water
which is a bit of a challenge while driving on the freeway...talk about distracted driving, lol!
Just a thought but I went through my cancer treatments last year at the Abbotsford hospital cancer clinic.
Possibly you could get a transfer to there.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
I've got some unrelated issues cleared up so both weekends, May 18-19 and May 25-26
are clear if there is any interest in holding a gathering somewhere in the Fraser valley
at a smorgasbord luncheon or dinner? Any other suggestions as to where to hold one?
Would be great to be able to chat across the table with mainland members for sure!

savageone

Reaction score
I've got some unrelated issues cleared up so both weekends, May 18-19 and May 25-26
are clear if there is any interest in holding a gathering somewhere in the Fraser valley
at a smorgasbord luncheon or dinner? Any other suggestions as to where to hold one?
Would be great to be able to chat across the table with mainland members for sure!
would like a get together, unfortunately neither of those weekends work for me, heading to P.G. on the 18th. :harumph:

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Bumping this thread...
Is anyone interested in participating in a friendly gathering somewhere in the Fraser Valley
on May 11 or 12th other than 'savageone' or possibly 'Foxton Gundogs'?
I'm a bit surprised that no one else has answered when considering that there were several within
the valley and adjacent areas lamenting that these gatherings seemed only to be held on the Island.

Top Bottom