Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Maynards Firearms Auction

Thread starter #1
I see there is a upcoming firearms auction in Richmond. In order to place a bid they want credit card info. NO. I replied back stating any purchases I make over the internet I pay by bank money order, period. See what happens. I have had some refusals re same from other businesses and end up telling them I have found what I wanted from another outlet. You have lost a sale. Reason, I got bitten once before, not again. Oh, some nice items there I am interested in

Bow Walker

ADMIN/OWNER - JUMPING IN TO HELP.
Placing your credit card number(s) in the hands of unknown people is something that Darwin would not recommend. :Heh, heh, heh:

All they should need is a P.A.L. number in my not so humble opinion.

Thread starter #5
Live bidding and absentee bidding I live in Kelowna! There reply, wont do it, require card info! My reply, If I was in attendance and made a bid or any bids I dont have to give card info at the time of biddding. Well guess I wont be participating.

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
I just may, let me know if you want me to bid on anything for you. I'm looking for a 223 but that '95 in 30-03 looks interesting.

Thread starter #14
It just means someone is watching for further developments on the subject. No big deal
OK. Im still perturbed as to the business policy of divulging personal info in order to participate and make a bid/bids on items i am interested in. Last communique from them was even individuals on site must divulge the info. ie credit card, prior to making bids. WTF I dont think this is right or in a business sense legal for that demand. For example if I go to shop at the Bay, walmart, London Drugs to purchase or not, Im not required to divulge credit card info. Im not going to give up on this,I will research and do all I can to determine these rights or wrongs. I dont like those who make up their own rules, policies which can be unfair and not even make any sense. Justice will prevail as I am a man of principal. Yeh Im pissed but it is what it is SO far.

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
OK. Im still perturbed as to the business policy of divulging personal info in order to participate and make a bid/bids on items i am interested in. Last communique from them was even individuals on site must divulge the info. ie credit card, prior to making bids. WTF I dont think this is right or in a business sense legal for that demand. For example if I go to shop at the Bay, walmart, London Drugs to purchase or not, Im not required to divulge credit card info. Im not going to give up on this,I will research and do all I can to determine these rights or wrongs. I dont like those who make up their own rules, policies which can be unfair and not even make any sense. Justice will prevail as I am a man of principal. Yeh Im pissed but it is what it is SO far.
I'm curious what the issue is for you? IF they make unapproved charges on your credit cards the card company will reverse the charges?

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
I think the Credit info is to assure people won't bid then if the win leave the auction hanging. Most auctions require proof of financial solvency either in the forum of a CC or letter of credit from absentee bidders

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
I have a MasterCard with a $1000 limit that I use for online stuff. If anyone tries to use the info It's only good for a few bucks and I will get them back from MasterCard eventually.

Top Bottom