Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Moose back straps

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:17)

358win

THE WEATHERMAN
Reaction score
Sliced thin, wave them over the Onion & Garlic Butter sizzling in the pan.

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Lots of ways to do those tender pieces up Bob....

Plain and simple so you can get the full benefit of the wild game flavor ?

Dress it up and possibly hide that wild flavor a bit?

Mask the flavor fully with herbs, spices, marinades, and/or sauces?

Main thing to take into consideration is that the meat is (or should be) pretty darned tender, so treat it accordingly. CS's remark of med-rare is bang on the money, any more cooking does not enhance either the flavor nor the tenderness.

Sear the pieces all around in some olive oil and butter. Set aside so they can cool a bit - meanwhile - mix together some panko bread crumbs, some finely chopped onion, some dijon mustard, some finely diced fresh rosemary leaves, and some mayonnaise. Make a dry-ish paste of the mixture and then spread it over the top, sides, and ends of the loins. Bake in a pre-heated 325 degree oven for about 8 to 10 to 12 minutes - depending on the thickness of the loins.

robert5

Reaction score
Lots of ways to do those tender pieces up Bob....

Plain and simple so you can get the full benefit of the wild game flavor ?

Dress it up and possibly hide that wild flavor a bit?

Mask the flavor fully with herbs, spices, marinades, and/or sauces?

Main thing to take into consideration is that the meat is (or should be) pretty darned tender, so treat it accordingly. CS's remark of med-rare is bang on the money, any more cooking does not enhance either the flavor nor the tenderness.

Sear the pieces all around in some olive oil and butter. Set aside so they can cool a bit - meanwhile - mix together some panko bread crumbs, some finely chopped onion, some dijon mustard, some finely diced fresh rosemary leaves, and some mayonnaise. Make a dry-ish paste of the mixture and then spread it over the top, sides, and ends of the loins. Bake in a pre-heated 325 degree oven for about 8 to 10 to 12 minutes - depending on the thickness of the loins.
Thanks that's great info. I am not a bad cook but there is a lot of good info amongst the people on this site and
all you have to do is ask to learn different recipes.
I am a lift it's tail wipe it's bum and serve it guy so no problem over cooking, and my favorite meal is steak tarter!

Top Bottom