Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

NEW TECHNOLOGY - A New Bow In Your Future?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:20)

• Admin

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
It's about this time of year when people start thinking of acquiring newer, new-to-them, or brand new equipment. Right from small items such as upgrading a peep sight, or adding some "speed buttons" to their setup - on up to getting a brand new bow.

In the case of a new bow - where to start? There are so many companies making quality bows out there....which one to choose? One of the "big four" companies? A bit of a lesser known company?

Well, how about a Canadian company that had been making bows for quite some time now? Right here at home - in Saskatchewan, of all places.... in Biggar Sask to be exact. https://www.apaarchery.com/

I first found these guys when the broke into the market with their bow rests. I bought one of their fall-away rests when the idea of a fall-away rest was still in its infancy. I even became a 'staff' shooter for them - but that's a whole different story.....

Their bows and the design used in the making of them was quite different when they first cam out. The APA bow riser was one of the very first to incorporate a handle into the design, and also what has become their "tool center" that was built into the riser. That thinking was considered to be way outside of the box at the time.

Fast forward about 10 to 15 years and we now have a Canadian compound bow manufacturer that has a very high quality product, that has a warranty that is really great, and that makes bows that are right "up there" with the Big Four's offerings as far as shootabilty, speed, and technology are concerned.

1. Mass Transfer Module
2. Rotating Draw Stop
3. Twin Flex 2 Limbs
4. Cam Lock
5. Carrying Handle
6. Riser Fang
7. Tool Center
8. Thin Grip
9. Carbon Roller Guide
10. Rear Stabilizer
11. String Dampener
12. Camera Mount
13. Direct Mount Sling
14. Speed Silencer

Number 4 on their list is a bit of tech that has been a boon for the "average" archer who is hands-on enough to want to do a bit of tuning to their bow(s).

CAM LOCK

APA Archery Cam Lock
APA’s innovative Cam Lock allows the average archer to replace strings or cables, make adjustments, install accessories and tune their bow without the need of a standard bow press.

This little innovation is a "hunt-saver" if you happen to damage or even break a string or cable while out in the field and away from your vehicle.....provided you are canny enough to pack spare strings and/or cables with you, along with your broadhead sharpener, spare battery for your rangefinder, spare d-loop(s), etc, etc

Another thoughtful idea is their "carry" handle that is built into the riser. If anyone has spent time hiking into our out of their hunting spot, carrying their bow in hand, as opposed to a bow sling, then they can really, really appreciate and get behind this thing. So easy to carry and it does not tire or stress your hand - which is usually your shooting hand too.

CARRYING HANDLE

Handle 400px

Revolutionary handle that provides easy carrying and creates forward weight. Also increases stiffness in the riser acting as a support bridge, decreasing hand shock.

These bows literally scream "SPEED!" just looking at them. Take the Mamba33 XR for instance.... where can you find a bow that is in excess of 32 inches ATA, weighs less than 4 lbs, and yet still can send an arrow out at more than 350 fps? There are not many that can do what this lineup does on a daily basis. Besides - they just look cool to boot!

OH - that APA rest I spoke about? It's a Safari Twister FC. Been using it on my hunting bow for over 15 years now. THE BEST rest I have ever bought - and Yes, I have bought (wasted money on) quite a few.... I like it so much that I bought one for my target bow and sold off the one that I had originally ordered for it.

I even bought their recurve bow arrow rest that has a similar design and I use it on my Jaguar 50# recuve bow. I have yet to find an arrow rest that works any better......... just my opinion, of course.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
I came extremely close to buying an APA bow when I settled on my PSE Dream Season. I liked everything I read about them, and I likely would have bought one if there was a dealer in the valley. The closest one was in Kelowna.

358win

THE WEATHERMAN
Reaction score
My Bowtech Provider seems to shoot the best for me. I have tried many.
I do like the upper riser limb hook on the APA. I wish I had that option. Smart thinking alright.

358win

THE WEATHERMAN
Reaction score
If have done it in practice, I would say about 30 seconds for me.

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
If have done it in practice, I would say about 30 seconds for me.
That's damn quick actually!
Never have used the crank on any of these bows, so don't really know much about that aspect.
But I can say using the rope cocker would take me AT LEAST those 30 seconds and likely a few more.

Lesson: Make that first one COUNT! small wink

Cheers,
Nog

• Admin

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Recurve crossbows can be recocked in very little time....much quicker than compound if trying to doi it by hand rather than using a cocking device. That fact makes a recurve more desirable than a compound (imho).

BUT - there is nothing like a 'real' bow for quickness of reloading. Be it compound or recurve or even a longbow.

If I were to be laying out cash for a new bow right now I would certainly give APA Innovations very serious consideration. :Oh Yeah!:

Top Bottom