Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Oh My Gracious, Pinch Me...........

Thread starter #1

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
Back in March I had a meeting with a quite well known outdoor channel/internet show fishing expert. He has had his own show for many years and has revamped it a few times even having his grandsons join him. I am sure if y’all are into fishing shows you probably guessed I am talking about Gary Cooper of “Nice Fish”.

Gary and I became facebook friends and then we met face to face at the BC Sportsmen show in Abbortsford and a great friendship has developed. He liked my food pictures and he likes food and cooking and he knows I love fishing so I offered to cook for him and offered to take me fishing. Still waiting but I am patient cause something better is about to happen.

He chatted with me about a new concept he wanted to add to a new show he is developing. I was like okay cool idea, but never thought he meant me. So many other trained chefs out there. He said why not, I am what he is looking for, natural. I was like okay then. But like I said this was March.

Now in August Gary calls me up asking me to send him pictures of my kitchen. I ‘m like
?? He wants to see how my kitchen is set up. I mean come on I have the worlds smallest kitchen. But okay Gary, here is my kitchen. Thank goodness it was clean that day. He says to me later, not small we can fit a crew in there. Truly this man has never seen how I cook in my kitchen.

So here we are last week of October and I get text a couple days ago, call me when you get this message, Gary. ..... oh my so I call...... okay Ali are ya ready for this, be calm (pep talking myself)......... show’s a go, I need 13 (3-5 min) cooking tips, quick recipes, whatever ya got outdoors related) segments of you for the show in November..... um hello Gary November is next week. Yup, you me and a camera man.... send me your ideas and we’ll get R done.

There ya go, I am going to be on a new version of “Nice Fish” with Gary Cooper unless I die from being tongue tied cause my brain and mouth dont jive when they must talk publicly let alone TV. Goddess above what just happened. Put me on TV and I can dance no problem, Put me in an ice arena with 5 thousand people and I'll sing O Canada but make me talk ....... I'm going to totally Lucille Ball "oh Ricky WAAAAAAA"

Awesome!
Say Hi to Coop for me.
And you will do just FINE Gal!!
You're a Natural!!

Looking Forward to seeing this one!

Break a Leg Kiddo!! :Oh Yeah!:

Cheers,
Nog

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Come on now girl, after all you’ve been through, having to talk with so many strangers and hosting so many dinners and events, you’l do just fine! Relish the new adventure! Have fun!

Round Boy

Can't keep a beat.
Super Cool! Very Happy for you Ali! You will shine like a new penny! Please let us know when the program airs, I wouldn't miss it for the world. WOW!! Celebrities post amongst us!! You go girl!

jenn7210

300 MAGNUM
Great opportunity ! :Oh Yeah!:

First saw a Gary Cooper production at a sport show in P.G. , I think it was on VHS :Maybe: A long time ago.

You will do fine , in your element , in your own kitchen !
Talent , skill and familiarity will rule the day.

Knock'm dead !

358win

THE WEATHERMAN
He NEEDS you Ali. He knows it to.
Looks like we are going to finally get some class watching Gary Cooper :Hi:

Srupp

ALI..and kitchen.....go together like Pete and accidents..OOOPS
your a natural..MAM..you gonna rock da house..no outdoor cooking show ...can touch this..can touch this. .A STAR IS BORN..
gonna be watching for this.
cheers
Friedrich Von Sniffel

philcott

Mucho Gusto
Make sure they get s few shots of the pantry.

You'll be great Allison. You'll have to do one with the Sous-vide. Appy's for camp side. Prepare ahead for hunting camp meals. You have so much to choose from.

Be careful what you wear or Peter will be having to fight off the hoards of admirers.

Mostly, have fun and you will kill it. Looking forward to seeing your debut.

You might have to do another printing of the cook book.

Bow Walker

SGT MAJOR IN DUMBELDORE'S ARMY.
Positively a wonderful way to dip your toes into the world of TV Cooking Ali... You'll knock this outta the park. :applause:

Please be sure to let us know the air times of your segments.... :popcorn:

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Ali there is only one problem. I don't get the show down here. How am I going to brag to everyone that I know a TV star when no one sees the show here. Congradulations.
Steve

Thread starter #27

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
Well today was filming day..... what an absolute amazing day.... I filmed 10 episodes and still have 2 or 3 to go but we will do them later.... I am tuckered out.... as much fun as it was .... I will be a few days catching up...

Recipes all turned out and well recieved

“Nice Fish Pro Staff” with Gary Cooper 67485853-3EA9-4332-A60B-C68FC1054A60.jpeg

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Well there you go! We all knew you could pull it off. Good for you, and I'm happy
for you that you were able to have fun doing it. Doors might have been opened
a bit more for you....you never know what's around the next corner if you choose
to walk through that door.

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Glad everything went well. The way things work for water would not boil. Congradulation on the new gig. Anything that looks or sounds new take a deep breath before you answer.
Steve

Top Bottom